Atorbest 10 MG Tablet
Manufactured by: Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Strength: 10 mg
Pack size: 10 Tablets
Drug type: Dyslipidaemic Agents
Prescription Required: Yes
Primary Uses: High cholesterol
What is Atorbest 10 mg Tablet?
Atorbest 10 mg Tablet contains Atorvastatin as an active ingredient which is used to reduce the high cholesterol level.
Atorbest 10 mg Tablet is used to reduce high cholesterol level in the blood.
How Does the Drug Work?
Atorvastatin works by blocking the activity of an enzyme -HMG-CoA-reductase and thereby, inhibiting the synthesis of bad cholesterol (LDL) in the body.
Common side effects of Atorbest 10 mg Tablet:
List of major side effects of Atorbest 10 mg Tablet
- Joint pain
- Running nose
- Difficulty in swallowing
How to use Atorbest 10 mg Tablet?
Atorbest 10 mg Tablet is taken by mouth by swallowing it completely with adequate water. Do not chew and break the medication. This medicine may be taken with or without food as prescribed by the doctor.
Precautions to be taken:
Useful precautions to be taken while using Atorbest 10 mg Tablet
- Do not take Atorbest 10 mg Tablet if you are allergic to this medication.
- Avoid the consumption of grapefruit juice while taking Atorbest 10 mg Tablet.
- It is recommended to consult your physician before alcohol consumption during the treatment with this medicine.
- Take this medicine at fixed dose and duration as prescribed by the doctor.
- Before using this medication, notify your physician about your pre-existing diseases current list of medications and health conditions such as low or high blood pressure etc.
Contraindications while using Atorbest 10 mg Tablet
- The use of Atorbest 10 mg Tablet is contraindicated in the patients with liver disease or persistent high serum transaminases level.
- This medication is contraindicated for use during pregnancy and lactation.
Possible drug interactions of Atorbest 10 mg Tablet with other drugs
- Concomitant treatment with CYP3A4 inhibitors such as clarithromycin and itraconazole may increase the risk of rhabdomyolysis and myopathy (Muscle disease).
- Concomitant treatment with digoxin may increase the plasma concentration of this medication.
- Atorvastatin may cause the increase risk of myopathy or muscle disease if concomitantly used with ciclosporin or gemfibrozil.
Warnings while using Atorbest 10 mg Tablet
- This medicine should be used with caution in the patients with kidney disease.
- This medicine may cause muscle breakdown, severe weakness and tiredness especially in the elderly patients. Special cautions should be taken in such cases.
- Atorbest 10 mg Tablet may cause cognitive impairment symptoms such as memory loss, forgetfulness and confusion. Special cautions should be taken in such condition.
Pregnancy and lactation:
Atorbest 10 mg Tablet is highly unsafe for use in the pregnant and breastfeeding women. Prior consultation to the doctor is required in such cases.
Store this medication at room temperature (Between 20-25°C). Protect from sunlight and children.
In case of missed dose, skip the same and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Avoid taking double dose to make up for a missed one.
Immediately contact to your doctor as emergency medical treatment is required in case of an overdose.
- How does the Atorbest 10 mg Tablet work?
Atorbest 10 mg Tablet works by blocking the activity of an enzyme -HMG-CoA-reductase and thereby, inhibiting the synthesis of bad cholesterol (LDL) in the body.
- How often can I take Atorbest 10 mg Tablet?
Atorbest 10 mg Tablet should be used at fixed dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor.
- Is Atorbest 10 mg Tablet safe for use during pregnancy?
Atorbest 10 mg Tablet is highly unsafe for use during pregnancy. Prior consultation to your doctor is advisable in such condition.
- Can I take Atorbest 10 mg Tablet in diabetic condition?
Diabetic patients should take Atorbest 10 mg Tablet on doctor’s consultation.