Atorica 40 MG Tablet
Manufactured by: Aprica Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd.
Strength: 40 mg
Pack size: 10 Tablet
Drug type: Dyslipidaemic Agents
Prescription Required: Yes
Primary Uses: High cholesterol, High triglycerides
What is Atorica 40 mg Tablet?
Atorica 40 mg Tablet is a dyslipidaemic agent which is used to reduce the levels of high cholesterol and triglycerides.
Atorica 40 mg Tablet is used for the treatment of high cholesterol and triglycerides level in the blood.
How Does the Drug Work?
Atorvastatin is a selective and competitive inhibitor of HMG-CoA reductase. It works by inhibiting an enzyme HMG-CoA-reductase that is required to produce cholesterol in the body. Hence decreases the level of bad cholesterol (LDL).
Common side effects of Atorica 40 mg Tablet:
List of major side effects of Atorica 40 mg Tablet
- Joint pain
- Running nose
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Muscle pain
How to use Atorica 40 mg Tablet?
Atorica 40 mg Tablet is taken by mouth by swallowing it completely with adequate water. Do not chew and break the medication. It may be taken with or without food as prescribed by the doctor.
Precautions to be taken:
Useful precautions to be taken while using Atorica 40 mg Tablet
- Do not take Atorica 40 mg Tablet if you are allergic to this medication.
- It is advisable to avoid excessive intake (>1 L/day) of grapefruit juice when taking Atorica 40 mg Tablet.
- It is recommended to consult your physician before alcohol consumption during the treatment with Atorica 40 mg Tablet.
- This medication should be used with caution in the patients with severe renal impairment or kidney diseases.
Contraindications while using Atorica 40 mg Tablet
- Atorica 40 mg Tablet is contraindicated in the patients with liver disease or persistent high serum transaminases level.
- This medication is contraindicated to use during pregnancy and lactation.
Possible drug interactions of Atorica 40 mg Tablet with other drugs
- The use of this medication is advised against in those concurrently using CYP3A4 inhibitors such as clarithromycin and itraconazole to avoid the risk of rhabdomyolysis and myopathy.
- Concomitant treatment with digoxin may increase the plasma concentration of this medication.
- Atorica 40 mg Tablet may cause the increase risk of myopathy or muscle disease with ciclosporin and gemfibrozil.
Store this medication at room temperature (between 25-30°C). Protect from sunlight and children.
In case of missed dose, skip the same and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Avoid taking double dose to make up for a missed one.
Immediately contact to your doctor as emergency medical treatment is required in case of an overdose.
- How does the Atorica 40 mg Tablet work?
Atorica 40 mg Tablet works by inhibiting an enzyme -HMG-CoA-reductase that is required to produce cholesterol in the body. Hence decreases the level of bad cholesterol (LDL).
- How often can I take Atorica 40 mg Tablet?
Atorica 40 mg Tablet should be used at dose and fixed duration as prescribed by your doctor.
- Is Atorica 40 mg Tablet safe to use during pregnancy?
Atorica 40 mg Tablet is highly unsafe to use during pregnancy. The pregnant women should use this medication only under medical supervision.
- Can I take Atorica 40 mg Tablet in diabetic condition?
Diabetic patients should take Atorica 40 mg Tablet on doctor’s consultation.