Attentrol 25 MG Capsule 10
Atomoxetine is used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
Mode of drug action :
The exact mechanism by which atomoxetine acts, is not known. The possible mechanism is by blocking the chemicals such as dopamine and norepinephrine. This leads to an increase in the levels of attention.
What are the common side effects?
The side effects which are common with atomoxetine are nervousness, irritability, loss of appetite, stomach pain, headache and sleep problems.
Liver dysfunction: Unsafe
Special precautions for safe use
• People with agitation, anxiety, tension, Tourette's syndrome and glaucoma should not take the Attentrol.
• If any other drugs are needed while on Attentrol, inform the doctor. Do not take Attentrol if MAO-inhibitor was used in the past 14 days.
• Use the Attentrol exactly as directed by the physician. Otherwise, it can lead to Attentrol serious side effects.
• Do not give the Attentrol to children aged below 6 years.
• Read the label to know further details such as Attentrol uses and dosage.
What else should I know?
1. Can I suggest Atomoxetine to someone? Never suggest a medicine to others even if they have a similar condition like yours. Only a doctor can prescribe medicines.
2. Is Atomoxetine an addictive drug? Yes. Atomoxetine is a habit forming drug and therefore, it should not be taken by individuals who have a history of drug abuse.
3. Can I drive after taking the Atomoxetine drug? No. Do not drive after taking the Atomoxetine drug as you may be at risk of blurred vision and dizziness.
4. Can I take Atomoxetine to treat anxiety? No. Atomoxetine is not a drug to treat anxiety.
5. How to store the Atomoxetine medication? Store the Atomoxetine medication at room temperature, away from light and heat. Discard the drug after it reaches the expiry date.