Augmentox 250/125 Mg Tablet 6
Amoxicillin is one among the penicillin group of antibiotics which is prescribed for the treatment for bacterial infections. Amoxicillin present in the drug is of great benefit for tonsil pain relief, treatment for sinus infection, genital and urinary tract infection, teeth and gum infections, respiratory tract infections, and it is a common antibiotic for many bacterial infections. Clavulanic acid is widely used to treat the common bacterial infections, respiratory tract infections, and urinary tract infections. Cloxacillin is used to treat several types of bacterial infections such as pneumonia, endocarditis, skin infections, joint infections, sepsis, etc. Lactobacillus is a friendly bacterium used in the treatment of diarrhea in children, infections or discharge from the vagina, and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
How does the drug work ?
Amoxicillin interferes with the production of the bacterial cell wall; it weakens and ruptures the cell wall of the bacteria thereby killing them. Beta-lactamase is a protein secreted by few bacteria which can make them resistant to some antibiotics such as penicillin/cephalosporin. Cloxacillin acts by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis in the bacteria. Thus, it stops the growth of the bacteria. Lactobacillus maintains the required balance of other microflora in the intestine thereby, improving the patient’s condition.
What are the common side effects ?The common side effects associated with amoxicillin include nausea and vomiting, headache, allergic reaction, rash, diarrhea, stomach pain, vaginal itching, and vaginal discharge. The side effects which are common with cloxacillin are nausea, vomiting, stomach upset, gas, and diarrhea. Lactobacillus may cause gas and bloating in some patients
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Avoid Augmentox if a previous allergic reaction was seen with any of its ingredients or their related compounds.
• If birth control pills are required, inform the doctor about the use of Augmentox as this drug can alter the action of birth control pills making them less effective, and there may be a chance of pregnancy.
• If diarrhea occurs, then stop the medication and consult a doctor. Diarrhea can be an indication of new infection during the treatment with Augmentox.
• Consult the doctor before taking Augmentox in case of pregnancy or breastfeeding.
• If kidney problems or any other health issues are present, let the doctor know. The doctor will adjust the Augmentox dosage.
• Do not stop Augmentox medication in the middle of the treatment; even if the condition improves.
1. Is amoxicillin safe for children? Yes, amoxicillin is safe for children when taken in the prescribed dose. Amoxicillin dosage for children differs from that of adults.
2. Can I take amoxicillin for a sore throat, cold, cough, and flu? Amoxicillin is only effective against bacterial infections, not viruses. A sore throat, cold, and cough caused due to bacteria can be treated with amoxicillin, but the flu cannot be treated as it is a viral infection.
3. Does amoxicillin cause constipation? No. Amoxicillin does not cause constipation. Consult your doctor if you notice such side effects.
4. How long does amoxicillin take to work? The time taken for the amoxicillin to show its action may depend on the type and severity of the infections. However, it would take anywhere between one to seven days.
5. Does amoxicillin act against anaerobic bacteria? Yes. Amoxicillin is active against both aerobic as well as anaerobic bacterial infections. Cloxacillin
1. Can i use Cloxacillin to treat flu? No. Cloxacillin is an antibacterial drug which is used in the treatment of bacterial infections and flu is caused due to virus.
2. Can i drink alcohol while using Cloxacillin? No. Do not drink alcohol while using Cloxacillin, as alcohol may interfere with thw bsorption of the drug.
3. Can I take any other OTC drugs along with Cloxacillin? No. Do not use any other OTC drugs along with Cloxacillin without consulting a doctor.
4. Are there any dietary restrictions while using Cloxacillin? Have a normal diet until any dietary change suggested by the doctor.
5. Can I take birth control pills while using Cloxacillin? Consult a doctor before using birth control pills along with Cloxacillin. Lactobacillus
1. What to do if I have an overdose with Lactobacillus? Immediately call up for medical help in case of an overdose with Lactobacillus.
2. Can I suggest Lactobacillus medicine to others with diarrhea? No. Do not suggest any medicine to others even if they have the same condition. It is a doctor’s right.
3. How to store Lactobacillus? Store in a place away from heat, moisture and light. Check the instructions provided on the label to know the storage instructions. Discard the medicine once it expires.
4. Is it safe to use Lactobacillus in children? Yes. Lactobacillus is effective and safe to treat diarrhea in children.
5. Can I take antibiotics along with Lactobacillus? Give a gap of at least 2 hours after taking the Lactobacillus to prevent the antibiotic action on the bacteria.