Augmentox S 250/250/10 Mg Capsule 10
Amoxicillin Amoxicillin is one among the penicillin group of antibiotics which is prescribed during the treatment for bacterial infections. Amoxicillin is of great benefit for tonsil pain relief, treatment for sinus infection, genital and urinary tract infection, teeth and gum infections, respiratory tract infections, and it is a common antibiotic for many bacterial infections. Cloxacillin Cloxacillin is used to treat several types of bacterial infections such as pneumonia, endocarditis, skin infections, joint infections, sepsis, etc. Serratiopeptidase Serratiopeptidase is used in the treatment of conditions associated with pain and inflammation. It is the preferred drug to treat a migraine headache, pulsating headaches. It is also used to treat pain associated with muscles, bones, and joints. Serratiopeptidase is used for treating conditions such as sinusitis, laryngitis, sore throat, ear infections, thrombophlebitis, swelling after surgery, ulcerative colitis, and Crohn’s disease.
How does the drug work ?
Amoxicillin Amoxicillin interferes with the production of the bacterial cell wall; it weakens and ruptures the cell wall of the bacteria thereby killing them. Cloxacillin Cloxacillin acts by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis in the bacteria. Thus, it stops the growth of the bacteria. Serratiopeptidase Serratiopeptidase is an enzyme which relieves pain and inflammation by breaking down the chemical mediators that are involved in causing pain and inflammation.
What are the common side effects ?Amoxicillin The common side effects associated with amoxicillin include nausea and vomiting, headache, allergic reaction, rash, diarrhea, stomach pain, vaginal itching, and vaginal discharge. Cloxacillin The side effects which are common with cloxacillin are nausea, vomiting, stomach upset, gas, and diarrhea. Serratiopeptidase The common side effects of serratiopeptidase include abnormal blood cell count, shortness of breath, nausea, vomiting, skin redness, blisters on the skin, running nose, diarrhea, and liver damage.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Do not drive a vehicle or operate heavy machinery while taking the drug Augmentox S.
• Avoid using the drug Augmentox S, while suffering from renal impairment.
• Avoid using the drug, at least two weeks before a scheduled surgery.
• Do not take the drug Augmentox S, if allergic to any of its ingredients.
• Do not continue the drug for more than two weeks.
• Be cautious and consult a doctor before taking the drug Augmentox S during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
1. Is amoxicillin safe for children? Yes, amoxicillin is safe for children when taken in the prescribed dose. Amoxicillin dosage for children differs from that of adults.
2. Can I take amoxicillin for a sore throat, cold, cough, and flu? Amoxicillin is only effective against bacterial infections, not viruses. A sore throat, cold, and cough caused due to bacteria can be treated with amoxicillin, but the flu cannot be treated as it is a viral infection.
3. Does amoxicillin cause constipation? No. Amoxicillin does not cause constipation. Consult your doctor if you notice such side effects.
4. How long does amoxicillin take to work? The time taken for the amoxicillin to show its action may depend on the type and severity of the infections. However, it would take anywhere between one to seven days.
5. Does amoxicillin act against anaerobic bacteria? Yes. Amoxicillin is active against both aerobic as well as anaerobic bacterial infections. Cloxacillin
1. Can I take cloxacillin to treat flu? Cloxacillin is not effective against viral infections. So, do not use it for treating flu.
2. What is the adult dose of cloxacillin for infections? The usual dose of cloxacillin to treat infections in adults is about 250-500 mg, to be taken every 6 hours.
3. What if I miss a dose of cloxacillin? Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. But if it is too late, then skip the forgotten dose and take the next dose at its regular time. Do not take two doses at once.
4. Is it safe to use cloxacillin during pregnancy? No. Do not use cloxacillin during pregnancy because it can harm the fetus.
5. How to store cloxacillin medicine? Cloxacillin medicine should be stored at room temperature, away from light, heat and moisture. Keep the medicine out of reach from pets and children. Serratiopeptidase
1. Is serratiopeptidase an addictive drug? No. Serratiopeptidase is not an addictive drug.
2. Is serratiopeptidase safe? Serratiopeptidase is relatively a safe drug for adults and children if taken in the prescribed dose. In the case of pregnancy and lactation, please consult your doctor before taking the drug.
3. Is serratiopeptidase similar to aceclofenac? No, serratiopeptidase is an enzyme, whereas, aceclofenac is an NSAI. But both the drugs are used in the treatment of pain and inflammation.
4. Is serratiopeptidase banned in India? No, serratiopeptidase is available in India as a prescription drug.
5. What are the special precautions to be followed before taking serratiopeptidase? Avoid serratiopeptidase if you have bleeding disorders and stop using this drug at least 2 weeks before the surgery.