Augmentox S 500/125/10 Mg Tablet 6
Amoxicillin is one among the penicillin group of antibiotics which is prescribed for the treatment for bacterial infections. Amoxicillin present in the drug is of great benefit for tonsil pain relief, treatment for sinus infection, genital and urinary tract infection, teeth and gum infections, respiratory tract infections, and it is a common antibiotic for many bacterial infections. Clavulanic acid is widely used to treat the common bacterial infections, respiratory tract infections, and urinary tract infections. Cloxacillin is used to treat several types of bacterial infections such as pneumonia, endocarditis, skin infections, joint infections, sepsis, etc. Serratiopeptidase is used in the treatment of conditions associated with pain and inflammation. Serratiopeptidase is the preferred drug to treat migraine headache, pulsating headaches. It is also used to treat pain associated with muscles, bones, and joints. Serratiopeptidase is used for treating conditions such as sinusitis, laryngitis, sore throat, ear infections, thrombophlebitis, swelling after surgery, ulcerative colitis, and Crohn’s disease.
How does the drug work ?
Amoxicillin interferes with the production of the bacterial cell wall; it weakens and ruptures the cell wall of the bacteria thereby killing them. Beta-lactamase is a protein secreted by few bacteria which can make them resistant to some antibiotics such as penicillin/cephalosporin. Cloxacillin acts by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis in the bacteria. Thus, it stops the growth of the bacteria. Serratiopeptidase is an enzyme which relieves pain and inflammation by breaking down the chemical mediators that are involved in causing pain and inflammation.
What are the common side effects ?The common side effects associated with amoxicillin include nausea and vomiting, headache, allergic reaction, rash, diarrhea, stomach pain, vaginal itching, and vaginal discharge. The side effects which are common with cloxacillin are nausea, vomiting, stomach upset, gas, and diarrhea. The common side effects of serratiopeptidase include abnormal blood cell count, shortness of breath, nausea, vomiting, skin redness, blisters on the skin, running nose, diarrhea, and liver damage.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Avoid Augmentox S if a previous allergic reaction was seen with any of its ingredients or their related compounds.
• If birth control pills are required, inform the doctor about the use of Augmentox S as this drug can alter the action of birth control pills making them less effective, and there may be a chance of pregnancy.
• If diarrhea occurs, then stop the medication and consult a doctor. Diarrhea can be an indication of new infection during the treatment with Augmentox S.
• Consult the doctor before taking Augmentox S in case of pregnancy or breastfeeding.
• If kidney problems or any other health issues are present, let the doctor know. The doctor will adjust the Augmentox S dosage.
• Do not stop Augmentox S medication in the middle of the treatment; even if the condition improves.
1. Is amoxicillin safe for children? Yes, amoxicillin is safe for children when taken in the prescribed dose. Amoxicillin dosage for children differs from that of adults.
2. Can I take amoxicillin for a sore throat, cold, cough, and flu? Amoxicillin is only effective against bacterial infections, not viruses. A sore throat, cold, and cough caused due to bacteria can be treated with amoxicillin, but the flu cannot be treated as it is a viral infection.
3. Does amoxicillin cause constipation? No. Amoxicillin does not cause constipation. Consult your doctor if you notice such side effects.
4. How long does amoxicillin take to work? The time taken for the amoxicillin to show its action may depend on the type and severity of the infections. However, it would take anywhere between one to seven days.
5. Does amoxicillin act against anaerobic bacteria? Yes. Amoxicillin is active against both aerobic as well as anaerobic bacterial infections. Cloxacillin
1. Can i use Cloxacillin to treat flu? No. Cloxacillin is an antibacterial drug which is used in the treatment of bacterial infections and flu is caused due to virus.
2. Can i drink alcohol while using Cloxacillin? No. Do not drink alcohol while using Cloxacillin, as alcohol may interfere with thw bsorption of the drug.
3. Can I take any other OTC drugs along with Cloxacillin? No. Do not use any other OTC drugs along with Cloxacillin without consulting a doctor.
4. Are there any dietary restrictions while using Cloxacillin? Have a normal diet until any dietary change suggested by the doctor.
5. Can I take birth control pills while using Cloxacillin? Consult a doctor before using birth control pills along with Cloxacillin. Serratiopeptidase
1. Is serratiopeptidase an addictive drug? No. Serratiopeptidase is not an addictive drug.
2. Is serratiopeptidase safe? Serratiopeptidase is relatively a safe drug for adults and children if taken in the prescribed dose. In the case of pregnancy and lactation, please consult your doctor before taking the drug.
3. Is serratiopeptidase similar to aceclofenac? No, serratiopeptidase is an enzyme where as aceclofenac is NSAIDs. But both the drugs are used in the treatment of pain and inflammation.
4. Is serratiopeptidase banned in India? No, serratiopeptidase is available in India as a prescription drug.
5. What are the special precautions to be followed before taking serratiopeptidase? Avoid serratiopeptidase if you have bleeding disorders and stop using this drug at least 2 weeks before the surgery.