Augpod 200/125 Mg Tablet 10
Cefpodoxime is used to treat mild to moderate infections caused by bacteria. The infections such as skin or soft tissue infection, inflammation of throat can be treated with cefpodoxime. Cefpodoxime is used to treat urinary tract infections caused by bacteria and the sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhea. Clavulanic acid is widely used to treat the common bacterial infections, respiratory tract infections, and urinary tract infections. Clavulanic acid is also prescribed during the myeloablative therapy followed by bone marrow transplantation.
How does the drug work ?
Cefpodoxime is a cephalosporin antibiotic. Cefpodoxime bactericidal action involve inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of bacteria. The active metabolite of cefpodoxime binds to the penicillin binding protein 3 and inhibits the production of peptidoglycan, which is essential for the formation of the cell wall. Clavulanic acid irreversibly inactivates a wide variety of beta-lactamases, thereby making the penicillin/cephalosporin drugs more potent.
What are the common side effects ?The major cefpodoxime side effects are diarrhea, loose stools, and allergic reactions like skin rashes, hives. Cefpodoxime side effects may also include breathing problems, feeling tired, headache, nausea, and vomiting. Clavulanic acid irreversibly inactivates a wide variety of beta-lactamases, thereby making the penicillin/cephalosporin drugs more potent.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Long-term use of Augpod drug may result in secondary infections. Consult your doctor about the Cepodem dosage and duration of Cepodem usage.
• The patient should make sure to use Augpod medicine for the entire course of treatment to clear the infection completely.
• Augpod may interact with antacids, diuretics, and medications related to ulcers. Discuss with the doctor before using the drug Augpod
• Do not use any birth control pills, patch or rings while using Cepodem antibiotic, as contraceptives decrease the effect of Augpod.
• If the patient is scheduled for laboratory tests such as urine glucose test or Coomb’s test, stop using Augpod medicine 5-6 days before the scheduled date.
1. Does cefpodoxime treat viral infections? No, cefpodoxime treats only bacterial infections.
2. I am suffering from cold and flu. Can I use cefpodoxime to treat my condition? No, cefpodoxime is not effective against cold and flu.
3. I am on cefpodoxime antibiotic since 4 days. I am experiencing diarrhea. Shall I stop using cefpodoxime medication? Mild diarrhea is common with cefpodoxime antibiotic. Do not stop the medication without consulting the doctor.
4. What are the effects cefpodoxime in pregnant women? cefpodoxime is safe during pregnancy. However, consult your doctor before using the medicine.
5. How to take cefpodoxime medicine? cefpodoxime medicine should be taken with food, as food enhances the levels of cefpodoxime tablets and increases its absorption in the body. Clavulanic acid
1. Why is clavulanic acid combined with amoxicillin? Clavulanic acid, when combined with the drug amoxicillin, helps in improving its potency by preventing degradation of the drug.
2. Is clavulanic acid used only in combination with amoxicillin? No, clavulanic acid is also used in combination with other penicillins and cephalosporins such as cefixime.
3. Does clavulanic acid cause diarrhea? Yes, one of the side effects of clavulanic acid is diarrhea.
4. How does clavulanic acid help to improve the potency of amoxicillin? Clavulanic acid is a ?-lactamase inhibitor, a protein secreted by the bacteria to destroy amoxicillin. By destroying this protein, it improves the potency by preventing the degradation of the drug.
5. Is clavulanic acid an anti-biotic itself? Yes, clavulanic acid, when administered alone, has weak antibacterial activity against most organisms.