Aulin 100 Mg Tablet 10
Nimesulide is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) which is used to treat acute pain in the patients with osteoarthritis and primary dysmenorrhoea. Nimesulide is used to reduce fever. It is used for provide relief from joint pains.
How does the drug work ?
Nimesulide is a selective COX-2 anti-inflammatory medication. It acts as a painkiller and also reduces fever. It reduces the production of chemical mediators such as prostaglandin, histamines and protreolytic enzymes, which causes pain. It has rapid onset and provides quick relief from acute pain. It inhibits the release of tumor necrosis factor-alpha so it used in the cancer treatment.
What are the common side effects ?The common side effects of nimesulide are diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, skin rash, purities, dizziness and headache, heartburn, gastric discomfort, and thrombocytopenia. Nimesulide affects the function of the liver and increases the risk of hepatotoxicity.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Patients hypersensitive to nimesulide or similar drugs should avoid Aulin.
• To avoid stomach upset take the drug after food with glass full of water.
• Do not use any other analgesic drugs while using Aulin, as itself is a pain killer.
• Nimesulide is prescribed to children in low doses. However, it is not prescribed to children who are younger than 12 years.
• Pregnant and lactating women should not take Aulin drug, as it may harm the fetus.
1. Can I use nimesulide for sprains? Yes, Nimesulide tablets reduce pain caused due to sprains. However, consult the physician for safe and effective use.
2. Is nimesulide effective for reducing menstrual pain? Yes. Nimesulide reduces levels of prostaglandins and decreases menstrual pain. Consult the physician before taking the medication.
3. Should I avoid taking any food substances while on nimesulide therapy? Nimesulide does not interact with any food substance. Avoid consuming alcohol while taking nimesulide. Talk to the physician to know more.
4. Can I take nimesulide to reduce post-operative pain? Yes. Nimesulide helps to reduce post-operative pain. Consult the physician before taking the medication for safe use.
5. How should I store the medication? Store the medication in cool and dry place at room temperature.