Auract Injection 1 Gm
Cefotaxime drug is used to treat typhoid fever and certain bacterial infections, including the life-threatening forms.
How does the drug work ?
Cefotaxime kills the bacteria by preventing the formation of a substance called peptidoglycan which provides strength to the cell wall.
What are the common side effects ?The side effects which are common with cefotaxime are itching, skin rash, mild diarrhea, pain and lump formation at the injection site.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• If the patient previously suffered from allergic reactions of a similar drug, then avoid using Auract medication.
• Seek doctor’s advice before using the drug if suffering from diabetes, heart, liver, kidney and stomach disorders to prevent risk of complications.
• Pregnant and lactating mothers should seek doctor’s advice before using the drug to prevent complications to both the mother and the child.
• Avoid performing activities such as driving or working on heavy machinery, as the drug may cause dizziness and drowsiness.
1. How to take cefotaxime tablet? Ceftal tablet should be taken with a glass full of water. Do not chew or break the tablet into small pieces.
2. What is the dose of cefotaxime for bacterial infections? Usually, the drug is available in 250 mg and 500 mg tablets to treat bacterial infections. However, the frequency of the drug dosing may vary with the individual and the severity of the infection; so ask a doctor.
3. How to store ceftal tablet? Store the ceftal tablet at room temperature below 25?C.
4. Can I take a drug to treat diarrhea associated with cefotaxime? Do not self-medicate in the case you have diarrhea with cefotaxime. Ask a doctor for help.
5. What if I miss a dose of cefotaxime? Take the missed dose immediately as you remember. If it is too late, then leave the missed dose and continue with the next dose at its scheduled time.