Aurcef 100 Mg Tablet Dt 10
Cefixime is used in the treatment of bacterial infections of ear, nose, throat, sinuses, urinary system, and throat infection.
How does the drug work ?
Cefixime is a cephalosporin antibiotic. It acts by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis. Cefixime binds to one of the penicillin binding protein and inhibits the formation of the cell wall. The inhibition of the formation of cell wall results in the death of the bacterial cell.
What are the common side effects ?The common side effects of cefixime include hypertensive reactions, headache, itching, vaginal infection, abdominal pain, nausea, diarrhea, stomach pain indigestion, vomiting and allergic skin rash.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Aurcef drug must be used with caution in patients with kidney and liver disease.
• Take the drug with food or water, do not crush or chew the drug.
• Avoid the drug if there is a history of allergy to cephalosporins.
• Discontinue the drug and report to the doctor if there are any side effects such as swelling in lips, tongue, and throat.
• Aurcef medication must not be given to the infants less than 6 months of age.
1. Is it safe to drive while taking cefixime? Cefixime can cause drowsiness or sedation which is a common side effect. So, it is not advised to take cefixime drug before driving.
2. Is cefixime safe in newborn? No, cefixime should not be used in premature or newborns. Please consult a physician before giving any medication to the newborn.
3. I have glaucoma. Should I avoid taking cefixime? Cefixime may cause eye irritation. Dosage adjustments may be needed. However, take the doctor’s suggestion before using the drug.
4. Can I take cefixime with ibuprofen? Yes. But, consult your doctor before taking a drug.
5. Does cefixime relieve symptoms of skin allergy? Yes. Cefixime is an antihistamine which is used for treating skin allergies.