Aurcin Oz 200/500 Mg Tablet 10
Ofloxacin is an antibiotic used to treat upper and lower urinary tract infection, lower respiratory infection, stomach and intestinal infections. It is also used for the prophylaxis and treatment of anthrax or plague. Ornidazole is a bactericidal used for the prevention and treatment of vaginal infections, urinary tract infection, infections of intestine and other parts of the body caused by protozoa, aerobic and anaerobic bacteria. It is also used for the prophylaxis of post-operative infections and treatment of loose motion. It is also used to treat trichomonas, amoebic dystentry, bacterial vaginosis and giardiasis
How does the drug work ?
Ofloxacin is a fluroquinolone antibiotic which is effective against both gram negative and gram-positive bacteria. It inhibits the formation of bacterial genetic material by affecting the synthesis of DNA Gyrase, an enzyme essential for replication of bacterial DNA. Therefore, ofloxacin is used for the treatment of bacterial infections. Ornidazole is a 5-nitroimidazole derivative that has bactericidal action. It kills the disease causing bacteria by destroying the bacterial DNA. It is highly effective for the treatment of bacterial and protozoal infections.
What are the common side effects ?The common side effects of ofloxacin are: nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhea, dizziness, dry mouth, altered taste, fatigue, headache, loss of appetite, pain, itching and burning sensation in the vagina, pain in urethra, and flatulence The most commonly reported side effects of ornidazole are: Dizziness, headache, nausea, vomiting, insomnia, unusual tastes, itching, numbness and confusion.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Aurcin OZ should be avoided in case of patients with myasthenia gravis.
• Do not use sucralfate, didanosine, antacids and vitamin supplements simultaneously while using Aurcin OZ.
• Do not use NSAIDs, while using Aurcin OZ.
• Consult a doctor before using Aurcin OZ during pregnancy and breast feeding.
• Avoid using Aurcin OZ if allergic to any of the ingredient present in the drug.
• Take Aurcin OZ as prescribed by the doctor, do not over dose it.
1. How should I use this medication? Ofloxacin should be taken with or without food preferably after food with a glass of water.
2. Are there any storage precautions for ofloxacin? Store the medication at room temperature (25°C) and away from direct heat and sunlight. Keep the drug out of reach of children.
3. Can I take paracetamol/ibuprofen with ofloxacin? Yes. It is safe to take ofloxacin with paracetamol/ibuprofen as there are no drug interactions reported for these two drugs. However, consult your physician before use.
4. Does Ofloxacin treat pink eye/chlamydia/ear infections? Ofloxacin is an antibiotic and can be used to treat pink eye (conjunctivitis), ear infection, and infection due to chlamydia.
5. Can I take Ofloxacin for viral infections such as cold or flu? No. Ofloxacin is not effective against viral diseases such as cold or flu. Ornidazole
1. How should I use this medication? Ornidazole should not be taken on empty stomach. Take the medication after food with a glass of water. However, consult your physician before use.
2. Are there any storage precautions for ornidazole? Store the medication at room temperature (25°C) and away from direct heat and sunlight. Keep the drug out of reach of children.
3. Is ornidazole effective for amoebic dystentry? Yes. Ornidazole is effective against protozoal infections such as amoebic dystentry
4. Can I take any other medications along with ornidazole? You must discuss with your doctor before taking any other medications.
5. Is ornidazole effective against sexually transmitted diseases? Yes. A combination of Ofloxacin and Ornidazole is effective to reduce the symptoms of sexually transmitted diseases