Aurocef (Aurobindo) 250 Mg Capsule 10
Cefalexin is used to treat bacterial infections of the skin and soft tissue, urinary tract infections, infections of the bones and joints and respiratory tract infections.
How does the drug work ?
Cefalexin works by attacking the cell wall of the bacteria. It inhibits the synthesis of a cell wall component called peptidoglycan. Thus, the strength of the cell wall is lost and the bacterium is killed readily.
What are the common side effects ?The side effects which occur with cefalexin are nausea, stomach discomfort, vomiting, diarrhea, dizziness, confusion, and certain allergic reactions.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Do not take Aurocef if a history of allergic response was seen with cefalexin or other cephalosporin drugs.
• Patients with a kidney disease, stomach or intestinal problems, hypersensitivity reaction to penicillin should take extra care with the use of the Aurocef.
• Before taking other drugs along with the Aurocef drug, ask a doctor to ensure the safe use of the drugs together.
• Pregnant and nursing females should take the drug Aurocef under the supervision of a doctor.
• Follow the Aurocef dosage instructions exactly as given by the doctor.
1. How to take cefalexin tablets? You may take the cefalexin tablets with or without food. Taking with food can minimize stomach discomfort.
2. What is the dose of cefalexin tablets for respiratory tract infections? The usual dose of cefalexin tablets for respiratory tract infections is about 250 mg to be taken at every 6 hours. However, consult a doctor for the right dosage instructions.
3. Can I share cefalexin with my partner who has similar symptoms? Never share or suggest a medicine to anyone with similar symptoms. It is the duty of the doctor to prescribe medicines.
4. What are the symptoms of an overdose of cefalexin? An overdose of cefalexin can result in an increased risk of side effects such as diarrhea, stomach pain, vomiting and blood in urine. Immediately consult a doctor if this occurs.
5. How to store liquid cefalexin? Store the liquid form of cefalexin in a refrigerator. Discard the unused drug in 14 days after opening.