Auxime O Lb Tablet 10
Cefixime is used in the treatment of bacterial infections of ear, nose, throat, sinuses, urinary system, and throat infection. Ofloxacin is an antibiotic used to treat upper and lower urinary tract infection, lower respiratory infection, stomach, and intestinal infections. It is also used for the prophylaxis and treatment of anthrax or plague.
How does the drug work ?
Cefixime is a cephalosporin antibiotic. It acts by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis. Cefixime binds to one of the penicillin binding protein and inhibits the formation of the cell wall. The inhibition of the formation of cell wall results in the death of the bacterial cell. Ofloxacin is a fluoroquinolone antibiotic which is effective against both gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria. It inhibits the formation of bacterial genetic material by affecting the synthesis of DNA Gyrase, an enzyme essential for replication of bacterial DNA. Therefore, ofloxacin is used for the treatment of bacterial infections.
What are the common side effects ?The common side effects of cefixime include hypertensive reactions, headache, itching, vaginal infection, abdominal pain, nausea, diarrhea, stomach pain indigestion, vomiting and allergic skin rash. The common side effects of ofloxacin are vomiting, nausea, abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhea, dizziness, dry mouth, altered taste, fatigue, headache, loss of appetite, pain, itching and burning sensation in the vagina, pain in urethra, and flatulence.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Avoid Auxime O LB medicine if allergic to cefixime, ofloxacin or any of the ingredients in it.
• Use Auxime O LB medicine only on doctor’s prescription.
• Discontinue Auxime O LB medicine and immediately consult the doctor if any kind of rash or unusual symptom develops.
• Intimate the doctor regarding the history of drug allergies before using Auxime O LB medicine.
• Avoid using Auxime O LB medicine for a long period of time as it causes many side effects.
• Intimate the doctor before taking Auxime O LB medicine in case of nervous disorders, kidney disorders, and liver disorders.
1. Is it safe to drive while taking cefixime? Cefixime can cause drowsiness or sedation which is a common side effect. So, it is not advised to take cefixime drug before driving.
2. Is cefixime safe in newborn? No, cefixime should not be used in premature or newborns. Please consult a physician before giving any medication to the newborn.
3. I have glaucoma. Should I avoid taking cefixime? Cefixime may cause eye irritation. Dosage adjustments may be needed. However, take the doctor’s suggestion before using the drug.
4. Can I take cefixime with ibuprofen? Yes. But, consult your doctor before taking a drug.
5. Does cefixime relieve symptoms of skin allergy? Yes. Cefixime is an antihistamine which is used for treating skin allergies. Ofloxacin:
1. How should I use this medication? Ofloxacin should be taken with or without food preferably after food with a glass of water.
2. Are there any storage precautions for ofloxacin? Store the medication at room temperature (25°C) and away from direct heat and sunlight. Keep the drug out of reach of children.
3. Can I take paracetamol/ibuprofen with ofloxacin? Yes. It is safe to take ofloxacin with paracetamol/ibuprofen as there are no drug interactions reported for these two drugs. However, consult your physician before use.
4. Does Ofloxacin treat pink eye/chlamydia/ear infections? Ofloxacin is an antibiotic and can be used to treat pink eye (conjunctivitis), ear infection, and infection due to chlamydia.
5. Can I take Ofloxacin for viral infections such as cold or flu? No. Ofloxacin is not effective against viral diseases such as cold or flu.