Avacan 80 Mg Tablet 10
Drotaverine is used for cervical dilation in women during childbirth. It also used to relieve pain and dysfunction caused by smooth muscle spasm.
How does the drug work ?
Drotaverine is an antispasmodic drug. It is a selective inhibitor phosphodiesterase
4. Blocking of PDE4 causes accumulation of cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP) which dilates blood vessels and relaxes smooth muscles of gut.
What are the common side effects ?The most commonly reported side effects are dizziness, low blood pressure, nausea, vomiting, and headache.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Avacan should not be taken by the individuals who are hypersensitive to any of the active ingredients of the drug.
• Avacan drug is also not indicated for pain associated with surgery (especially CABG surgery).
• Avacan should not be taken by people with kidney or liver disease, heart failure, ulceration or swelling of the gastrointestinal (GI) tract, GI obstruction, history of allergic reactions with other NSAIDs, Myasthenia gravis (skeletal muscle disorder), and eye conditions such as glaucoma.
• Women (especially those who are in their last three months of pregnancy) should not use Avacan medicine considering its side effects. Breastfeeding women should not take Avacan for period pain.
• Avacan can either reduce or increase the effects of certain drugs such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), diuretics, antacids, and blood thinners.
• People with asthma or wheezing attacks, abnormalities in the blood, or those who have dehydration, fits, and elderly patients should be cautious and seek doctor’s suggestion before taking Avacan
1. How should I take drotaverine? Drotaverine comes in the form of a tablet. It can ba taken with or without food with a glass full of water.
2. When can I stop taking drotaverine medication? Drotaverine is a full course of treatment. Patients should not stop in the middle of the treatment, the doctor will suggest you the safe withdrawal of the drug.
3. How to store drotaverine drug? Drotaverine should be stored in a cool place at room temperature. Keep out of the reach of children.
4. What are the conditions in which I should avoid taking drotaverine tablet? Patients should avoid drotaverine tablet in conditions such as renal, hepatic, or cardiac dysfunction.
5. What are the contraindicated drugs for drotaverine? Concurrent use of analgesics, antimuscarinics, or benzodiazepines should be avoided while using the drotaverine.