Avacard At 50/5 Mg Tablet 10
Amlodipine Amlodipine is used in the treatment of hypertension, chest pain (i.e. angina) and other conditions in which the artery of the heart gets narrowed. It is also used for the prevention of heart disorders. Atenolol Atenolol is used in the treatment of chest pain (i.e. angina) and high blood pressure. This drug is also known to reduce the risk of death in patients who had a heart attack.
How does the drug work ?
Amlodipine Amlodipine belongs to a class of drugs called the calcium channel blockers. The mechanism of action of amlodipine is to dilate the blood vessels, thereby, improving the blood flow through them. Atenolol Atenolol belongs to the class of drugs called beta-blockers. It blocks the actions of certain chemicals such as adrenaline or epinephrine on the heart and blood vessels. Consequently, the heart rate and the blood pressure come under control.
What are the common side effects ?Amlodipine The common side effects of amlodipine tablets are dizziness, tiredness, flushing, stomach pain, and nausea. Atenolol The common side effects of atenolol include dizziness, feeling tired, and depressed mood.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Take the drug as prescribed by the physician, do not over dose or skip the drug. .
• Avoid alcohol consumption while taking Avacard-AT medication to avoid risk of complications.
• Drink plenty of water while taking Avacard-AT drug as it enables better action of the drug.
• Inform the doctor if there is any sign of weakness, dizziness, sweating or shivering after taking Avacard-AT medication.
• Pregnant, lactating and expecting mothers should seek doctor’s advice before taking Avacard-AT drug for safe use of the drug during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
1. Can I stop taking amlodipine tablets if I do not have symptoms of hypertension? You may not always have the symptoms even if your blood pressure is high. Thus, you should not stop taking amlodipine but may have to continue it for your whole life.
2. Can amlodipine alone control my hypertension? Amlodipine is a part of treatment for hypertension. You should also follow a proper diet, exercise and maintain your weight along with taking this drug.
3. How should I take amlodipine? You may take amlodipine with or without food, and with a glass of water. Take the medicine at the same time each day.
4. Will my chest pain decrease immediately when I take amlodipine? Your chest pain can increase at first with amlodipine. But later it should decrease which if does not happen, you should consult a doctor.
5. How can I avoid dizziness with amlodipine? You should change your positions (i.e. sitting or standing or lying down) slowly to prevent dizziness and falls. Atenolol
1. Should I inform my surgeon about taking atenolol? Yes. You need to inform your surgeon that you are undergoing therapy with atenolol. You may have to stop taking the drug for some days before the surgery.
2. Can I drive after taking atenolol? Atenolol can impair a person’s ability to think and react. Therefore, it is not advisable to drive for some time after taking this drug.
3. What if I drink alcohol while using atenolol? Taking alcohol and atenolol together can increase the risk of side effects such as drowsiness and dizziness.
4. Can I maintain a normal blood pressure with atenolol alone? Atenolol is only a part of treatment for blood pressure. You may need some other drugs, along with a proper exercise, diet, and weight control.
5. Can I stop taking atenolol if I do not have the symptoms of high blood pressure? You must continue using this medicine even if you feel that you have no symptoms. This is because very often, high blood pressure does not produce symptoms.