Avamys Nasalspray 1
Fluticasone is a steroid it is mainly prescribed for the prevention of asthma attacks in the patients with bronchospasm or chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases. It is also prescribed to reduce breathing difficulty in the patients with acute bacterial rhinosinusitis, perennial allergic rhinitis or seasonal allergic rhinitis.
How does the drug work ?
Fluticasone is a corticosteroid. It has anti-inflammatory action due to which it is prescribed for the treatment of asthma. It reduces bronchospasm and enhances airflow through the bronchioles. It inhibits the release of leukotrienes and reduces edema in the airways.
What are the common side effects ?The common side effects of fluticasone are: headache, sore throat, nosebleeds, nasal irritation, nausea, vomiting, cough, increased risk of upper respiratory tract infection and fatigue.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Take Avamys as directed by the physician.
• Incase to miss a dose take the medication as soon as you recollect or notice. Do not take the missed dose, if it is close to the time for the next dose as it can cause over dosage.
• Avamys is prescribed with caution to the patients with lactose intolerance, renal disease or kidney diseases.
• Unconsciousness, fainting, stuffy and runny nose, sore throat, hoarseness, nausea and difficulty in breathing are the common side effects of Avamys.
• Do not stop taking the medication abruptly. Consult the physician before stopping the treatment with Flohale.
• Avamys is contraindicated in the patients who are experiencing asthma attack.
• Pregnant and lactating females should consult your physician before taking Avamys for asthma or other respiratory disorders.
• Store the medication in cool and dry place at room temperature. Keep the medication out of the reach of the children.
1. Does fluticasone help to relieve cough? Fluticasone can relieve cough related to asthma or allergic diseases of nose, throat or chest.
2. Does fluticasone cause weight loss? No. Fluticasone may cause weight gain but not weight loss.
3. Is fluticasone similar to albuterol? No, fluticasone is a corticosteroid whereas albuterol is a beta-receptor agonist drug. But both are used to treat asthma.
4. I am allergic to salbutamol is it safe to take fluticasone? You have to consult the doctor before using different combination of drugs. The doctor may change the drugs depending on your condition. Do not self-medicate.
5. Is it safe to take alcohol while on fluticasone medication? Alcohol, when taken along with fluticasone, may further increase dizziness or calmness. Avoid taking alcohol while on fluticasone.