Avanep 0.10 % Eye Drops 5 Ml
Nepafenac is the active ingredient of Nevanac medicine which is used in the treatment of pain and inflammation associated with cataract surgery of the eye.
How does the drug work ?
Nepafenac belongs to the class of drugs called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). It inhibits the synthesis of prostaglandins, which are the chemical mediators involved in pain and inflammatory reactions. Thus, the medicine reduces inflammation and relieves pain.
What are the common side effects ?The common Micronac side effects are dry or sticky feeling in the eyes, foreign body sensation in the eye, redness, itching or watering of the eyes, increased sensitivity to light, headache, nausea, vomiting, and stuffy nose.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Individuals who have a past allergic reaction to Avanep or other NSAIDs should not take this medicine.
• People who are allergic to other eye drops, who have dry eye syndrome, arthritis, diabetes, bleeding or clotting disorders, need to follow certain precautions suggested by the doctor while using the drug.
• Do not use the Avanep eye drops while wearing contact lenses. This is because of the possibility of discoloration of the lenses.
• Do not place the dropper directly into the eye nor touch its tip. It can lead to contamination and result in serious vision problems.
• If any other medicines are to be used along with this medicine, inform a doctor or a health care provider.
• Inform a doctor in case of pregnancy and breastfeeding to ensure the safety of the baby.
• Use exactly as directed by a physician to avoid or reduce side effects and unwanted effects.
1. How long can I use Micronac medicine for pain relief after a cataract surgery? You can use the Micronac drug for 14 days to relieve swelling after a cataract surgery. Do not beyond this period unless told by your doctor.
2. What is the dose of Micronac drug to reduce swelling after an eye operation in adults? The normal Micronac dosage in adults to reduce swelling associated with an eye operation is one drop of 1% solution to be instilled in the affected eye, three times a day starting on the day before the surgery. This may be continued for 14 days.
3. Can I wear my contact lenses after using Micronac medication? You should not wear contact lenses while using and for at least 15 minutes after using the Micronac medicine.
4. How should I store the Nepafenac eye drops? Store Micronac at room temperature, with the lid tightly closed. Do not refrigerate.
5. How should I apply Micronac eye drops? Tilt your head back, pull down your eyelid, hold the dropper facing the eye and squeeze out a drop. Close your eye for about a minute to prevent draining of the liquid. Wait at least for 10 minutes if another drop needs to be instilled in the same eye.