Avas Cv 10 Mg Capsule 10
Atorvastatin Atorvastatin is used to reduce high cholesterol levels in the body and to lower stroke and heart attacks. It is also used to treat heart complications in patients suffering from type 2 diabetes. Additionally, atorvastatin is used to lower bad cholesterol in the body. Clopidogrel Clopidogrel is used to prevent blood from clotting. It is used in the prevention of heart attack and stroke. It also relieves chest pain.
How does the drug work ?
Atorvastatin Atorvastatin is an HMG-CoA reductase which is responsible for converting this enzyme into mevalonate in the cholesterol biosynthesis pathway. This results in the subsequent decrease of hepatic cholesterol levels and increases hepatic uptake of LDL-C concentrations. Clopidogrel Clopidogrel is an anti-platelet drug. The drug works by preventing platelets (a type of blood cells) from aggregating, thereby preventing the formation of blood clots. Clopidogrel is also known as a blood thinning agent as it keeps the blood thin enough to flow smoothly through the blood vessels.
What are the common side effects ?Atorvastatin The most common side effects of atorvastatin are heartburn, joint pain, confusion, diarrhea, indigestion, confusion, joint pain, fatigue, and weakness. Clopidogrel The common side effects of clopidogrel include diarrhea, nausea, acne-like rash, joint pain, chest pain, headache, upper respiratory tract infection, urinary tract infection, depression, and bruising.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Take Avas-CV medication as prescribed by the physician. Take the drug regularly for better cholesterol management in the body.
• Avoid consuming alcohol while taking Avas-CV medication as it alters the drug metabolism in the liver.
• Individuals experiencing allergic reactions, inflammation, rash or reddening of the skin should avoid taking Avas-CV medication and seek immediate medical care.
• If scheduled for any surgery inform the doctor about the use of Avas-CV medication.
• Pregnant and breastfeeding mothers should inform the doctor before taking Avas-CV medication for safe use of the drug during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
1. Can I use atorvastatin during pregnancy? No, it is unsafe to use atorvastatin during pregnancy. Ask your doctor for the drug appropriate for you.
2. What are the diet instructions I should follow while taking atorvastatin? Avoid eating foods that are high in fat or cholesterol. Take fiber rich food.
3. Does atorvastatin cause liver damage? Yes, atorvastatin, when taken with alcohol, may damage the functioning of the liver.
4. Can I give atorvastatin to my 10-year-old child? Atorvastatin is not recommended for the younger children. Consult the doctor before giving the medicine.
5. I am experiencing low blood pressure levels with atorvastatin. Should I stop the medicine? Yes, stop using atorvastatin and report the doctor immediately. Clopidogrel
1. I have stomach ulcer which causes bleeding at times, can I use clopidogrel bisulfate? No, if you have any bleeding diseases, then you should not use clopidogrel bisulfate as it can cause bleeding.
2. I am on clopidogrel since two months, can I undergo a dental surgery? If you are planning to undergo any surgery, you must make the doctor aware that you are using clopidogrel bisulfate, because it may cause excess bleeding during the surgical procedure.
3. What are the suitable storage conditions for clopidogrel bisulfate? Clopidogrel bisulfate must be stored at a room temperature away from moisture and heat.
4. Can I gain or lose weight by chronic use of clopidogrel bisulfate? No, there is no evidence that you may lose or gain weight with the long-term use of clopidogrel bisulfate.
5. I have gastric acidity problem and am on clopidogrel. Is it ok if I administer ranitidine for acidity? Yes, ranitidine is safe to take with clopidogrel. But other drugs of same class such as cimetidine which are used in gastric acidity can interact with clopidogrel.