Avas Cv 20/75 Mg Capsule 10
Atorvastatin is used to reduce high cholesterol levels in the body and to lower strokes and heart attacks. It is also used to treat heart complications in patients suffering from type 2 diabetes. Additionally, atorvastatin is used to lower bad cholesterol in the body. Clopidogrel is used to prevent blood from clotting. Clopidogrel is beneficial in prevention of heart attack and stroke, and relieves chest pain.
How does the drug work ?
Atorvastatin is an HMG-CoA reductase which is responsible for converting this enzyme into mevalonate in the cholesterol biosynthesis pathway. This results in the subsequent decrease of hepatic cholesterol levels and increases hepatic uptake of LDL-C concentrations. Clopidogrel is an anti-platelet drug. The drug works by preventing platelets (a type of blood cells) from aggregating, thereby preventing the formation of blood clots. Clopidogrel is also known as a blood thinning agent as it keeps the blood thin enough to flow smoothly through the blood vessels.
What are the common side effects ?The most common side effects of atorvastatin are heartburn, joint pain, confusion, diarrhea, indigestion, confusion, joint pain, fatigue, and weakness. Clopidogrel side effects include diarrhea, nausea, acne-like rash, joint pain, chest pain, headache, upper respiratory tract infection, urinary tract infection, depression, and bruising.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Avas Cv will not be effective if perfect diet plan is not maintained.
• Avoid drinking alcohol, as it may raises triglyceride levels and may increase the risk of Avas Cv side effects.
• Statins may rarely worsen diabetes; talk to the doctor to know the risks and benefits of the Avas Cv.
• Grapefruit or grapefruit juice may interact with cap Avas Cv and its ingredients, avoid taking grapefruit while using the drug.
• Do not take antiviral drugs as Avas Cv drug may interact with those drugs.
• Individuals who have had a stroke with bleeding into the brain should not take Avas Cv medicine.
• If the individuals experience dark colored urine or yellowing of skin or eyes, after the administration of Avas Cv immediately inform the doctor. These signs and symptoms might indicate an active bleeding.
• Talk to your doctor if you have any medical conditions such as kidney problems, hypothyroidism or a family history of problems related to muscles, as these conditions may worsen Avas Cv side effects.
1. Can I use the drug during pregnancy? No, it is unsafe to use atorvastatin during pregnancy.
2. What are the diet instructions I should follow while taking atorvastatin? Avoid eating foods that are high in fat or cholesterol. Take fiber rich food.
3. Does atorvastatin cause liver damage? Yes, atorvastatin, when taken with alcohol, may damage the functioning of the liver.
4. Can I give atorvastatin to my 10-year-old child? Atorvastatin is not recommended for the younger children. Consult the doctor before giving the medicine.
5. I was taking atorvastatin since 10 days. I am experiencing low blood pressure levels. Can I stop atorvastatin? Yes, stop using atorvastatin and report the doctor immediately. Clopidogrel
1. I have stomach ulcer which causes bleeding at times, can I use clopidogrel ? No, if you have any bleeding diseases, then you should not use clopidogrel, as it can cause bleeding.
2. I am on clopidogrel since two months; can I undergo a dental surgery? If you are planning to undergo any surgery, you must make the doctor aware that you are using clopidogrel , because it may cause over bleeding during the surgical procedure.
3. What are the suitable storage conditions for clopidogrel ? Clopidogrel must be stored at a room temperature away from moisture and heat.
4. Can I gain or lose weight by chronic use of clopidogrel ? No, there is no evidence that you may lose or gain weight with the long-term use of clopidogrel .
5. I have gastric acidity problem and am on clopidogrel. Is it ok if I administer ranitidine for acidity? Yes, ranitidine is safe to take with clopidogrel. But other drugs of same class such as cimetidine which are used in gastric acidity can interact with clopidogrel.