Azolic Tablet 10
Ornidazole is a bactericidal used for the prevention and treatment of vaginal infections, urinary tract infection, infections of intestine and other parts of the body caused by protozoa, aerobic and anaerobic bacteria. It is also used for the prophylaxis of post-operative infections and treatment of loose motion. It is also used to treat trichomonas, amoebic dystentry, bacterial vaginosis and giardiasis
How does the drug work ?
Ornidazole is a 5-nitroimidazole derivative that has bactericidal action. It kills the disease causing bacteria by destroying the bacterial DNA. It is highly effective for the treatment of bacterial and protozoal infections.
What are the common side effects ?The most commonly reported side effects of ornidazole are Dizziness, headache, nausea, vomiting, insomnia, unusual tastes, itching, numbness and confusion.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Azolicshould not be used by the individuals who are hypersensitive to the drug.
• Safe use of Azolic tablets in pregnant women requires medical supervision. Lactating women should discontinue the drug considering the benefits and risks, under the guidance of a doctor.
• Azolic tablet should not be stored at a temperature above 25?C.
• Azolic drug can be taken with or without food. However, it is best to take the medication after food with a glass of water.
• Didanosine, sucralfate, vitamins, iron or zinc medications, and antacids should not be taken simultaneously with the drug due to the risk of Azolic side effects; an interval of 2 hours should be maintained before and after taking the drug.
• Azolic medicine may cause sensitivity to sun, so avoid exposure to the sun, wear protective clothes, and use sunscreen.
• Azolic medication may alter blood glucose levels, so patients with diabetes should undergo regular monitoring of blood glucose levels.
• Azolic drug is contraindicated in patients having myasthenia gravis and for children younger than 18 years of age.
• Antibiotics cause mild diarrhea. Consult your physician if the symptoms of diarrhea worsen.
1. How should I use this medication? Ornidazole should not be taken on empty stomach. Take the medication after food with a glass of water. However, consult your physician before use.
2. Are there any storage precautions for ornidazole? Store the medication at room temperature (25°C) and away from direct heat and sunlight. Keep the drug out of reach of children.
3. Is ornidazole effective for amoebic dystentry? Yes. Ornidazole is effective against protozoal infections such as amoebic dystentry
4. Can I take any other medications along with ornidazole? You must discuss with your doctor before taking any other medications.
5. Is ornidazole effective against sexually transmitted diseases? Yes. A combination of Ofloxacin and Ornidazole is effective to reduce the symptoms of sexually transmitted diseases.