Azonate 0.05 % Cream 20 Gm
Betamethasone is used to treat allergic disorders, asthma, rheumatic disorder, skin disorders, and cancer.
How does the drug work ?
Betamethasone is a corticosteroid drug which suppresses the immune system and has anti-inflammatory properties. It decreases the chemicals responsible for allergic reactions.
What are the common side effects ?The side effects which are common with the use of betamethasone are dry skin, skin cracking, discoloration of the skin, itching, bone degradation, behavioral changes, shortness of breath, and muscle disorder.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Avoid Azonate if you are allergic to betamethasone.
• Consult a dermatologist before using Azonate for acne treatment.
• Do not apply the cream on broken skin or within the skin folds.
• Be very careful while applying the cream near the eyes or eyelids.
• Consult a doctor before using Azonate skin cream for children.
• Inform the doctor before using the cream in case of pregnancy, plan to become pregnant or during breastfeeding.
• Avoid usage of a large amount of the Azonate continuously on large areas of the body as it may affect the hormonal balance.
• Avoid usage of Azonate for more than 2 weeks.
• Inform the doctor in case of a history of diabetes or any type of skin infections.
1. Is betamethasone cream an over-the-counter (OTC) product? Betamethasone is not available as an OTC product. The doctor should prescribe this medicine.
2. Can I use Betnovate cream on face? Betnovate cream contains betamethasone which is a very strong steroid and can damage the sensitive facial skin. So, do not use it continuously for more than 5 days. However, consult your doctor before using it.
3. Can I use Betnovate for acne treatment? Do not use Betnovate cream for pimples. It can be used in conditions such as eczema, atopic dermatitis, and psoriasis.
4. Is betamethasone preferred for treating retention edema? No, betamethasone should not be used in retention edema. This is because it increases the fluid and salt retention which aggravates the edema problem.
5. What are the less common side effects of betamethasone? The less common side effects of betamethasone include tingling sensation, dry skin, hair follicle inflammation and skin lightening.