Azopen 500 Mg Injection 1
Meropenem is used to treat serious bacterial infections.
How does the drug work ?
Meropenem acts by inhibiting the growth of the bacteria by preventing their cell wall synthesis.
What are the common side effects ?The side effects commonly seen with the use of meropenem are a headache, constipation, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, and injection site reactions.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Do not take the Azopen injection if there was an allergic reaction with the use of meropenem in the past.
• Concomitant use of probenecid and Azopen medicine should be avoided.
• Inform the doctor in the case of pregnancy, lactation, and plan for pregnancy. The doctor will check if it is safe to give the Azopen drug to such women.
• Read the label to know further information such as Azopen uses and side effects.
1. How to take the meropenem injection? Take the meropenem injection with or without food, but at the fixed time each day.
2. Can I drive after taking the meropenem drug? Meropenem may impair a person’s ability to think and react. Therefore, it is advisable not to drive.
3. Does drinking alcohol have any effect while using meropenem? Alcohol consumption while using meropenem increases the risk of meropenem side effects such as dizziness. So, better avoid or limit drinking.
4. Is meropenem injection given to children? Extreme caution is needed with the use of meropenem in children below 3 months of age.
5. What to do if I have an overdose with meropenem? Immediately call up for medical help if you have an overdose with meropenem.