Azoprine 50 Mg Tablet 10
Azathioprine is used to treat signs and symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis. It is also used along with other medicines to prevent rejection during kidney transplantation and other surgeries. Additionally, it is used to treat symptoms of ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease.
How does the drug work ?
Azathioprine is an immunosuppressant. It acts by inhibiting synthesis of purine which is responsible for the proliferation of leukocytes and lymphocytes. Azothiaprine inhibits mitosis and incorporates thiopurine analogues into the DNA structure causing cytotoxicity.
What are the common side effects ?Azathioprine side effects include leukopenia, infections, bone marrow suppression, stomach disorders, low blood pressure, inflammation, skin rash, vomiting, loss of appetite, and allergic reactions.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Azoprine medication lowers the activity of immune system which increases the risk of infections.
• Avoid taking vaccines during or after treatment, unless prescribed.
• Avoid contact with people suffering from cold, flu and other infectious diseases.
• Do not use drugs such as anticoagulants, alkylating agents or TNF blockers, as they may decrease the effect of Azoprine medicine.
• A major side effect of Azoprine is the reduction in the platelet counts. Avoid activities which may cause injury or bruising.
• Azothiaprine drug may increase the risk of developing tumors. Talk to the doctor and seek necessary information about the safe use of the drug.
1. Does azathioprine cause leukemia? Long-term use of azathioprine causes certain cancers such as leukemia, and skin cancers.
2. Is azathioprine safe in pregnant women? No, azathioprine is unsafe in pregnant women, as it may cause adverse effects on the fetus.
3. What care should I take while using azathioprine? Azothiaprine increases the risk of infections. Wash your hands well. Avoid contact with the infected individuals. Do not use sharp objects that may injure you.
4. Can I take azathioprine tablet along with NSAIDs? No, concomitant use of azathioprine with NSAIDs may have drug-drug interactions.
5. Does Azoran medicine cause acne? No, Azoran tablet does not cause acne.