Aztric 80 Mg Tablet 10
Azilsartan is used in the treatment of high blood pressure (hypertension), heart attacks, heart failure and kidney problems.
How does the drug work ?
Azilsartan is an angiotensin II receptor blocker (ARB) which lowers the blood pressure and helps in relaxing the blood vessels. Azilsartan blocks the binding of angiotensin II to the AT1 receptor, thus, prevents the binding and vasoconstriction. It triggers the synthesis and release of aldosterone and helps in reabsorption of sodium and reduces the water excretion through kidneys.
What are the common side effects ?The common side effects of Azilsartan drug are nausea, fatigue, dizziness, diarrhea, blurred vision, unusual tiredness and lightheadedness.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Avoid driving or operating heavy machinery while using Aztric drug.
• Do not take Aztric drug one day prior to a scheduled surgery.
• Consult a doctor before taking Aztric drug if suffering from heart, kidney, liver or diabetic problems.
• Consult the doctor before taking Aztric drug during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Do not take Aztric drug if allergic to any of its ingredients.
1. Can I use the drug Azilsartan while suffering from hepatic and renal impairment? Yes. People suffering from hepatic and renal impairment can use Azilsartan drug by consulting a doctor.
2. Is it safe to use Azilsartan drug during pregnancy? No. It is unsafe to use Azilsartan medication during pregnancy, as it can cause in fetal injury or death.
3. Can I use potassium supplements while taking Azilsartan drug? No. Avoid taking potassium supplements while taking the Azilsartan medicine as it increases the potassium levels in the body.
4. What are the storage conditions of the drug Azilsartan? Azilsartan is to be stored under the room temperature i.e. at 25 0C. Do not freeze the drug.
5. What if I overdose the drug? An overdose of Azilsartan medicine can result in serious symptoms like, difficulty in breathing.