Aztrone 1 Gm Injection 1
Aztreonam is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is also used to treat urinary tract, blood, brain, ear, skin and lung infections.
How does the drug work ?
Aztreonam is an antibacterial drug. It acts by inhibiting the bacterial cell wall synthesis. Aztreonam binds to penicillin binding protein and results in cell lysis.
What are the common side effects ?The common Aztreonam side effects are nausea, headache, abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhea and vertigo.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Avoid using Aztrone medicine if allergic to any of the ingredients in it.
• Use Aztrone medicine only in prescribed doses.
• Avoid using anticoagulants along with Aztrone medicine.
• Do not use any kind of herbal supplements along with Aztrone medicine.
• Stop using Aztrone medicine and immediately consult the doctor if any unusual symptoms are developed.
• Take medical consultation before using Aztrone medicine during pregnancy or breast feeding.
• If there is a kidney or liver problem consult the doctor for dose adjustment.
1.what is the standard dose of Aztreonam? Standard dose of Aztreonam is 1-8gm in 6-12hrly.
2.I am using heparin. Can I use Aztreonam? No. Heparin cannot be used along with Aztreonam as it is anticoagulant and causes drug interactions.
3.how should I store Aztreonam? Store Aztreonam medicine at room temperature.
4.i am planning for pregnancy. Can I use Aztreonam? Take medical consultation before using any drug if you are planning to become pregnant.
5.can I take other medicines along with Aztreonam? You must discuss with your doctor before taking any other medications.