Azumin 100 Mg Tablet Dt 6
Azithromycin is most commonly used in the treatment of bacterial throat infections, skin infections (treatment of acne). Azithromycin relieves cough and cold symptoms by treating nasal, lung, and chest infections (bronchitis). Tab Azithral is also prescribed for ear, skin, soft tissues, and sexually transmitted genital and urinary infections.
How does the drug work ?
Azithromycin acts by preventing the growth of bacteria. It interferes with the bacterial protein synthesis thereby inhibiting their growth.
What are the common side effects ?Azithral side effects include nausea and vomiting, stomach pain and upset, diarrhea, headache, dizziness, decreased sense of taste or smell, nervous feeling, tired feeling, sleep disturbances, vaginal itching or discharge, mild rash or itching, ringing in your ears and problems with hearing.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Do not take azithromycin with food. Maintain a time gap of 1 hour before or 2 hours after the food.
• Avoid Azumin mediceine if allergic to azithromycin or other drugs related to same class such as erythromycin, roxithromycin or clarithromycin.
• Avoid simultaneous usage of antacids containing magnesium or aluminium with azithromycin.
• Maintain a time gap of at least 2 hours before and after taking the drug. In case of pregnancy and breast feeding consult the doctor before taking the Azumin drug.
1. Is azithromycin safe for children? Yes. Azithromycin is also available in syrup dosage form; it is safe for children if taken in the prescribed dose.
2. Is azithromycin similar to erythromycin in action? No. Azithromycin is next generation antibiotic of erythromycin class which is more potent. Both are different type of antibiotic belonging to same class
3. I am on azithromycin medication. I have skipped a dose and had food, what should I do? Take the medicine 2 hours after taking the food. If it’s time for the next dose skip the missed dose and continue with the regular dose. Do not take both skipped as well as regular at a time.
4. I have taken azithromycin for throat infection without knowing that I am pregnant. Does it harm the fetus? Azithromycin is relatively safe during pregnancy. It does not harm the fetus of the mother who has taken this drug during pregnancy. However, consult your doctor before intentionally taking this drug during pregnancy or breast feeding.
5. Does azithromycin relieve the symptoms of flu? Flu is a viral infection, azithromycin is an anti-bacterial agent which is in-effective in treating viral infections.