Azunate Ab 150 Injection 2 Ml
Arteether is used to treat symptoms of falciparum malaria caused by the Plasmodium falciparum parasite.
How does the drug work ?
Arteether is a semi-synthetic derivative and belongs to the class sesquiterpene lactones. It improves the patient’s condition by rapidly attacking the malarial parasite. Arteether inhibits the erythrocytic stage of the malaria parasite and thus causes cell lysis.
What are the common side effects ?The common side effects of arteether are cough, dizziness, ECG changes, fever, headache, injection site pain, itching, and upper respiratory tract infection, loss of appetite, nausea, weakness, and diarrhea.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Do not drive or operative heavy machines after taking Azunate AB.
• Consult the doctor, if any side effects of Azunate AB such as weakness, respiratory tract infections, and pain at the injection site are experienced.
• Do not stop the medication Azunate AB without consulting the doctor.
• Go for a blood test once in a week after taking Azunate AB.
• Pregnant or breastfeeding women should consult the doctor before taking Azunate AB medicine.
• Before taking the drug Azunate AB, inform the doctor about the current health conditions.
• Do not take Azunate AB, if any ECG abnormalities are observed.
1. I am suffering from pneumonia and malaria. Can I take arteether for malaria fever? No, do not take the drug for pneumonia as it may increase the side effects of arteether.
2. What is the recommended dose for arteether drug? Arteether dose for adults is 150mg once a day for three consecutive days.
3. Can quinine and arteether be used together to treat malaria? Yes, generally arteether is given along with quinine drugs to treat malaria and other kinds of fever.
4. How often should I have blood tests done while using arteether drug? Patients should have a blood test done once a week for a month for the presence of malaria parasites.
5. I have ECG abnormalities. Is arteether drug safe for me? No, patients with ECG abnormalities should not take arteether for malaria.