B Still 8 MG Tablet
Manufactured by: Abbott Healthcare Pvt. Ltd.
Strength: 8 mg
Pack size: 10 Tablets
Drug type: Anti-vertigo Drugs
Prescription Required: Yes
Primary Uses: Vertigo, Meniere's disease (Inner ear disorder)
What is B Still 8 mg Tablet?
B Still 8 mg Tablet is the anti-vertigo medicine which is used to treat vertigo and meniere's disease.
B Still 8 mg Tablet is used in the treatment of vertigo and meniere's disease.
How Does the Drug Work?
Betahistine works by increasing blood flow and decreasing the pressure of fluid in the inner ear. Hence, improves the symptoms of vertigo.
Common Side Effects of B Still 8 mg Tablet:
List of major side effects of B Still 8 mg Tablet
- Skin rash
- Trouble sleeping
- Difficulty in breathing
How to Use B Still 8 mg Tablet?
B Still 8 mg Tablet is taken by mouth by swallowing it completely with adequate water. Do not chew and break the medication. This medicine should be taken with food.
Precautions to be Taken:
Useful precautions to be taken while using B Still 8 mg Tablet
- Do not take B Still 8 mg Tablet if you are allergic to this medication.
- Before using this medication, notify your physician about your pre-existing diseases, current list of medications and health conditions such as low or high blood pressure etc.
- Take this medicine at the fixed dose and duration as advised by your physician.
- Prior consultation to your doctor is advisable before alcohol consumption during the treatment with B Still 8 mg Tablet as the interaction with alcohol is unknown.
Contraindications while using B Still 8 mg Tablet
- The use of this medication is contraindicated in the patients with phaeochromocytoma (Neuroendocrine tumor of the adrenal gland).
- The use of B Still 8 mg Tablet is contraindicated in the patients with hypersensitivity to betahistine.
Possible drug interactions of B Still 8 mg Tablet with other drugs
- Concomitant treatment of Betahistine with antihistamines may reduce the effect of this medication.
- Concomitant treatment of Betahistine with monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MOIs) and Beta-2 agonists may cause adverse effects.
Warnings while using B Still 8 mg Tablet
- B Still 8 mg Tablet is not recommended for the children below 18 years of age.
- The use of this medication may increase the risk of peptic ulcers. Immediately inform to your doctor if you have such problems during the treatment period.
- Immediately inform to your doctor if you have breathing problem persistently during the treatment with this medicine.
Pregnancy and lactation:
B Still 8 mg Tablet may be unsafe for use during pregnancy and lactation. Prior consultation to your doctor is advisable in such cases
Store this medication at room temperature (Between 20-25°C). Protect from sunlight and moisture.
In case of missed dose, skip the same and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Avoid taking double dose to make up for a missed one.
Immediately contact to your doctor as emergency medical treatment is required in case of an overdose.
- Is B Still 8 mg Tablet safe for use during pregnancy?
B Still 8 mg Tablet may be unsafe for use during pregnancy. The pregnant women should use this medicine as prescribed by the doctor.
- Is B Still 8 mg Tablet a blood thinner?
No, B Still 8 mg Tablet is not a blood thinner. It is an antivertigo drug which is used in the treatment of vertigo and meniere's disease.
- How often can I take B Still 8 mg Tablet?
B Still 8 mg Tablet should be used at fixed dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor.
- Can I take B Still 8 mg Tablet with food?
Yes, B Still 8 mg Tablet is recommended to be taken with food.