Bacfen 10 MG Tablet
Manufactured by: Icon Life Sciences
Strength: 10 mg
Strength: 10 Tablets
Drug type: Muscle Relaxants
Prescription Required: Yes
Primary Uses: Muscle relaxation
What is Bacfen 10 mg Tablet?
Bacfen 10 mg Tablet is a muscle relaxant drug which is used for muscle relaxation.
Bacfen 10 mg Tablet is used for the muscle relaxation.
How Does the Drug Work?
Baclofen works by blocking the excitatory synaptic transmission in the spinal cord and thus, reduces muscle spasm or stiffness.
Common Side Effects of Bacfen 10 mg Tablet:
List of major side effects of Bacfen 10 mg Tablet
- Buzzing in ears
- Skin rash
- Nausea and vomiting
How to Use Bacfen 10 mg Tablet?
Bacfen 10 mg Tablet is taken by mouth by swallowing it completely with adequate water. Do not chew and break the medication. This medicine should be taken with food.
Precautions to be Taken:
Useful precautions to be taken while using Bacfen 10 mg Tablet
- Do not take Bacfen 10 mg Tablet if you are allergic to this medication.
- Bacfen 10 mg Tablet may cause dizziness as its side effect. Avoid using heavy machinery and driving while taking this medication.
- It may be unsafe to use during pregnancy and lactation. The pregnant and lactating women should take this medication on doctor’s advice.
- Alcohol consumption is not advisable during the treatment with Bacfen 10 mg Tablet as it may cause CNS depressant effect.
Contraindications while using Bacfen 10 mg Tablet
- Bacfen 10 mg Tablet is contraindicated in the patients with hypersensitivity to this drug.
Possible drug interactions of Bacfen 10 mg Tablet with other drugs
- Bacfen 10 mg Tablet should be avoided by the patients who are using morphine to avoid the risk of hypotension and dyspnoea.
- Concomitant treatment with levodopa is not advisable while using Bacfen 10 mg Tablet as it may cause undesirable effects such as mental confusion and hallucinations etc.
Store this medication at room temperature. Protect from sunlight and moisture.
In case of missed dose, skip the same and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Avoid taking double dose to make up for a missed one.
Immediately contact to your doctor as emergency medical treatment is required in case of an overdose.
- What is Bacfen 10 mg Tablet used for?
Bacfen 10 mg Tablet is used for the treatment of intermittent claudication.
- What are the side effects of Bacfen 10 mg Tablet?
The common side effects of Bacfen 10 mg Tablet include dizziness, diarrhea, nausea, drowsiness, increased sweating and dry mouth.
- How does Bacfen 10 mg Tablet work?
Bacfen 10 mg Tablet works by blocking the excitatory synaptic transmission in the spinal cord and thus, reduces muscle spasm or stiffness.
- Can I take Bacfen 10 mg Tablet with food?
Yes, Bacfen 10 mg Tablet should be taken with food.