Bactoclav 250/125 MG Tablet
Manufactured by: Micro Labs Ltd.
Composition: Amoxicillin (250 mg) + Clavulanic Acid (125 mg)
Strength: 375 mg
Pack size: 10 Tablets
Drug type: Antibiotics
Prescription Required: Yes
Primary Uses: Bacterial infections
What is Bactoclav 250/125 mg Tablet?
Bactoclav 250/125 mg Tablet is the combination of two medicines- Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid which is used to treat bacterial infections.
Bactoclav 250/125 mg Tablet is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How Does the Drug Work?
Amoxicillin works by inhibiting the bacterial cell wall synthesis. Thus, cause bacterial cell death. Clavulanic acid inhibits the activity of an enzyme beta-lactamase and helps to decrease resistance and increase the action of amoxicillin.
Common Side Effects of Bactoclav 250/125 mg Tablet:
List of major side effects of Bactoclav 250/125 mg Tablet
- Joint pain
- Skin yellowing
- Easy bruising and bleeding
- Tooth discoloration
- Heavy menstrual bleeding
How to Use Bactoclav 250/125 mg Tablet?
Bactoclav 250/125 mg Tablet is taken by mouth by swallowing it completely with adequate water. Do not chew and break the medication. This medicine should be taken with food.
Precautions to be Taken:
Useful precautions to be taken while using Bactoclav 250/125 mg Tablet
- Do not take Bactoclav 250/125 mg Tablet if you are allergic to this medicine.
- Prior consult to your doctor before consumption of alcohol during the treatment with Bactoclav 250/125 mg Tablet.
- Before using this medication, notify your physician about your current list of medications, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions such as low or high blood pressure etc.
- Take this medicine at fixed dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor.
List of contraindications while using Bactoclav 250/125 mg Tablet
- The use of Bactoclav 250/125 mg Tablet is contraindicated in the patients with hypersensitivity to this medication.
- The use of this medicine is contraindicated in the patients with cholestatic jaundice and liver dysfunction.
Possible drug interactions of Bactoclav 250/125 mg Tablet with other compounds
- Concomitant treatment with probenecid can increase plasma concentration of amoxicillin.
- Concomitant treatment with allopurinol may increase allergic reaction.
- Concomitant use of oral oestrogen contraceptives can reduce the efficacy of amoxicillin.
Warnings while using Bactoclav 250/125 mg Tablet
- This medication may cause diarrhea in some patients. Special precaution should be taken in such condition.
- This medicine should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease.
Pregnancy and lactation:
Bactoclav 250/125 mg Tablet may be unsafe for use during pregnancy and lactation. The pregnant and lactating women should take this medication on doctor’s advice.
Store this medication at room temperature (Between 20-25°C). Protect from sunlight and children.
In case of missed dose, skip the same and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Avoid taking double dose to make up for a missed one.
Immediately contact to your doctor as emergency medical treatment is required in case of an overdose.
- Can I take Bactoclav 250/125 mg Tablet while taking food?
Yes, Bactoclav 250/125 mg Tablet is recommended to be taken with food.
- What are the side effects of Bactoclav 250/125 mg Tablet?
The common side effects of Bactoclav 250/125 mg Tablet include nausea, allergic reaction, vomiting, diarrhoea, fever, joint pain and convulsions.
- How often can I take Bactoclav 250/125 mg Tablet?
Bactoclav 250/125 mg Tablet should be used at fixed dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor.
- Is Bactoclav 250/125 mg Tablet safe for use during pregnancy?
The pregnant women should use Bactoclav 250/125 mg Tablet on doctor’s advice.