Balacol 750 MG Capsule 10
Balsalazide disodium dihydrate is used in the treatment of ulcerative colitis.
Mode of drug action :
Balsalazide acts on the substances responsible for tissue damage, inflammation, and diarrhea, thus, preventing them.
What are the common side effects?
The common side effects of balsalazide include fever, skin rash, bloody diarrhea, bladder pain, lower back pain, painful urination and heavy bleeding.
Pregnancy: Safe under medical guidance Breast feeding: Safe under medical guidance Kidney dysfunction: Caution required Liver dysfunction: Caution required
Special precautions for safe use
• Do not take Balacol medicine if an allergic reaction was seen in the past with any of its ingredients.
• People who are allergic to aspirin, salicylates or sulfasalazine also should avoid Balacol medication.
• If conditions such as kidney, liver or heart problems, or pyloric stenosis (a stomach problem) are present, inform the doctor before using Balacol drug.
• Take a doctor’s advice before giving the drug Balacol to a child.
• Pregnant and breastfeeding women should talk to a doctor before using Balacol.
• To know further details such as Balacol uses and side effects, check the package insert.
What else should I know?
1. How to take the balsalazide disodium tablets? Take the balsalazide disodium tablets with or without meals and with a full glass of water, at the same time each day. Follow the instructions of your doctor carefully.
2. How long should I take the balsalazide disodium tablets? Take the balsalazide disodium tablets for the entire duration as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking the medicine unless instructed.
3. Is balsalazide disodium a steroid? No. balsalazide disodium is not a steroid. It is an anti-inflammatory agent.
4. Does balsalazide disodium affect fertility? It is not known whether balsalazide disodium causes fertility problems. But if you experience any such problems, then inform your doctor.
5. How to store the balsalazide disodium tablets? Store the balsalazide disodium tablets in a dry and cool place, away from light and children, at room temperature. Do not store them in bathrooms.