Bandrone 150 MG Tablet 1
Ibandronic acid is used to treat osteoporosis (a bone-thinning disease) in men, in women after menopause, and osteoporosis associated with steroid drugs.
Mode of drug action :
Ibandronic acid acts by inhibiting the activity of bone cells called osteoclasts. Thus, it prevents bone loss.
What are the common side effects?
The common side effects of ibandronic acid are stomach discomfort, gastritis, nausea, indigestion, diarrhea, joint or muscle pain, headache, breathing difficulty.
Pregnancy: Unsafe Breast feeding: Safe under medical guidance Alcohol: Unsafe Kidney dysfunction: Caution required Liver dysfunction: Caution required
Special precautions for safe use
• Do not take food or drinks for about an hour after taking Bandrone medicine.
• Lie down for about an hour after taking Bandrone drug.
• If a history of vitamin D deficiency or other problems with mineral supplements is present, then inform the doctor.
• Do not take Bandrone tablet if an allergic reaction was seen with the use of ibandronic acid in the past.
• People with a history kidney disease or digestion problems should avoid Bandrone medication.
• If any dental procedures are to be undergone, then avoid taking Bandrone tablets.
• Women who are pregnant, planning for pregnancy or are breastfeeding should not take Bandrone.
What else should I know?
1. How to take the ibandronic acid tablets? Take the ibandronic acid tablets in the early hours before eating anything or at least after 6 hours of taking food.
2. Can I take ibandronic acid tablets with fruit juice? No. Take the ibandronic acid tablets with a glass of water. You should not take any drinks for about an hour after taking the medicine.
3. What if I forget a dose of ibandronic acid? Use the missed dose soon as you remember. But if it is nearly time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose.
4. What to do in the case of an overdose with ibandronic acid tablets? Immediately call up for medical help in the case of an overdose with ibandronic acid.
5. How to store ibandronic acid tablets? Store the ibandronic acid tablets in a moisture free environment, away from heat and light.