Baskin 25 Mg Tablet 10
Trioxsalen is used to treat acne, skin infections, and sepsis. It helps to remove bacteria under the skin that caUSES acne. Additionally, Trioxsalen is also used for vitiligo (loss of color of skin)
How does the drug work?
Trioxsalen is a furanocoumarin and psoralen derivative. It is obtained from plants, mainly Psoralea corylifolia. It caUSES photosensitization of skin. During the treatment of vitiligo, it creates interstrad cross-links in the DNA which caUSES programmed cell death. Trioxsalen also acts as a site-directed inhibitor and disrupts the lipid, phospholipid, lipopolysaccharide, and lipoprotein synthesis.
What are the common side effect?
The typical side effects of trioxsalen are giant hives, itching, rash, redness of the skin, inflammation, and stinging of skin. It blocks the metabolism of thyroid hormone. It also caUSES muscle contractions and allergy.
• Before using Baskin tablet, consult the doctor to know the risks and benefits of the medication.
• Tab Baskin, is taken for 6 months to treat vitiligo, and the drug is also helpful to reduce tanning.
• Avoid taking foods such as limes, figs, parsley, parsnips, mustard, carrots, and celery while taking Baskin medication.
• Patients with cardiac dysfunction and muscle disorders should not use Baskin, as it impairs relaxation-contraction of muscles and intensifies Baskin tablet side effects.
• The dosage of Baskin and duration of Baskin treatment depends on patient’s condition and severity of disease. Talk to the doctor before taking the drug for the safe use of Baskin tablet.
1. Is trioxsalen safe for children? No, trioxsalen may enter the bloodstream and cause hay fever in children. Talk to the doctor before using the drug.
2. Is it safe to use the toothpaste that contains trioxsalen? Patients may have gingivitis with the use of toothpaste containing trioxsalen. Consult your doctor before using the product with trioxsalen.
3. What are the available dosage forms of trioxsalen? trioxsalen is available as gel formulations in hand washes. It is also used in bath soaps, hand washes, body washes, toothpaste, and cosmetics.
4. Is trioxsalen used in the manufacture of toys for children? Yes, trioxsalen is used in the manufacturing of children toys to prevent bacterial contamination.
5. Is it safe to use body washes and anti-bacterial soaps containing trioxsalen? Body washes and soaps containing trioxsalen are more effective to prevent the spread of diseases, but long-term use of the drug is not suggested. Consult your doctor and know the risk and benefits of the drug.