Bb 24 250 Mg /125Iu Syrup 150 Ml
Calcium Calcium prevents absorption of phosphate from the gastrointestinal tract in people with kidney disease. Vitamin D3 Vitamin D3 is also known as cholecalciferol. It is mainly used to prevent and treat vitamin D deficiency diseases. It improves the absorption of calcium and strengthens bones. It helps to prevent skin and bone diseases in the children and adults. Vitamin D3 is prescribed in combination with phosphate supplements to treat bone disorders. Vitamin D3 improves the absorption of phosphate levels and help to treat phosphate efficiency diseases such as Fanconi syndrome. It is prescribed to improve calcium levels in the patients with parathyroid hormone disorders. It helps to prevent bone loss and softening of bone in the elderly. It is prescribed to increase the bone strength in the patients with osteoporosis.
Mode of drug action:
Calcium Calcium prevents absorption of phosphate from the gastrointestinal tract in people with kidney disease. Vitamin D3 Vitamin D3 improves the health of skin and bones by enhancing the intestinal absorption of calcium and phosphorus. It also enhances the renal reabsorption of calcium. It improves the serum calcium levels in the patients with parathyroid hormone disorders and prevents bone disorders. Vitamin D3 also known as cholecalciferol is catalyzed into its active form calcitriol in the liver with the help of the enzyme 25-hydroxylase. Calcitriol binds to the vitamin D receptor located in the intestine and increases the serum calcium levels by enhancing the gastrointestinal absorption of the phosphorous and calcium. It also increasing the reabsorption of calcium from distal renal tubule
What are the common side effects?
Calcium The common side effects of calcium are constipation, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, flatulence, indigestion, increased thirst, and abdominal pain. Vitamin D3 The common side effects reported for vitamin D3 are Cough, difficulty in swallowing, dizziness, fast heartbeat, hives or itching, skin rashes, puffiness or swelling of the eyelids or around the eyes, swelling of face, lips or tongue, skin rash, tightness in the chest and tiredness or weakness.
Pregnancy: Safe under medical guidance Breast feeding: Safe under medical guidance Alcohol: Unsafe Kidney dysfunction: Caution required Liver dysfunction: Caution required
Special precautions for safe use:
• Avoid consumption of alcohol while using BB 24 drug.
• Individuals suffering from cardiac, hepatic or renal disorders should consult the doctor before taking BB 24 drug.
• Individuals allergic to calcium or vitamin D3 should avoid taking BB 24 drug.
• Pregnant and breastfeeding women should consult the doctor before taking BB 24 drug to prevent adverse drug effects to the mother and the child.
What else should I know?
1. Is calcium good for health? Calcium is a dietary supplement and can be used to treat low blood levels of calcium.
2. Is calcium used to treat osteoporosis? Osteoporosis occurs due to low calcium levels. Calcium supplement, can help in treating and preventing osteoporosis.
3. Can calcium be taken with milk? Yes. Consuming foods fortified with vitamin D can enhance calcium absorption. So, you can consume milk, egg yolks, or fish along with the use of calcium.
4. Can calcium be taken with food? It is preferable to take calcium after a meal as acid produced in the stomach during digestion can help in calcium absorption.
5. Is calcium safe in pregnancy? Calcium can be used during pregnancy. However, it is recommended to consult a doctor before taking the medication. Vitamin D3
1. Is it safe to use the drug in pregnancy? If the benefits outweigh the potential risks, vitamin D3 can be used in pregnancy. Before taking the drug, you must consult your doctor.
2. Is it safe to drive while taking vitamin D3 medication? If you experience dizziness, or a headache as the side effect of the drug, it may not be safe to drive.
3. Can I stop taking the drug immediately or do I need to taper? Certain medications require tapering of the dose or frequency and may cause rebound effects if stopped immediately. You must seek the medical advice before stopping the medication.
4. Can cholecalciferol be used for the treatment of osteoporosis and rickets? Yes. Cholecalciferol is considered as best vitamin D3 supplement for treating the bone disorders such as osteoporosis and rickets. Do not use the drug without consulting your physician.
5. What are the signs and symptoms of overdose? The signs and symptoms of vitamin D3 overdose are weakness, metallic taste in your mouth, nausea, frequent urination, and vomiting. Seek medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.