Bell Pentolate 1 % Eye Drops 5 Ml
Cyclopentolate is used for dilation of the eyes during examination or before surgery. It also prevents eye from focusing. Cyclopentolate is also used for inflammation of uvea, middle layer of the eye.
How does the drug work?
Cyclopentolate belongs to the class called anti cholinergics of mydriatic group. It acts by dilating the pupil by relaxing the muscles of the eye. It widens the pupil and allows examining the eye clearly.
What are the common side effect?
The commonly reported side effects of cyclopentolate are burning, stinging, redness of the eye, eye irritation, blurred vision, confusion, fainting, and vision changes.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Is it safe to take alcohol while using cyclopentolate? There are no adverse effects reported for cyclopentolate medication with alcohol. However, consult your doctor for safe use of the medication.
2. Is it safe to use cyclopentolate along with pilocarpine? No. The combination of pilocarpine and cyclopentolate is unsafe and should be avoided.
3. Can cyclopentolate be used for mountain sickness? Yes. Cyclopentolate can be used to treat mountain sickness. Talk with your doctor before using the drug for mountain sickness.
4. Does cyclopentolate treat seizures? Yes. Cyclopentolate can treats symptoms of seizures by blocking nerve discharges that contribute to seizures.
5. In which conditions, I should avoid cyclopentolate? Patients with adrenal gland problems, low blood potassium and sodium levels, kidney and liver problems (cirrhosis), or other electrolyte problems should avoid cyclopentolate drug.