Best Beta 50 MG Tablet
Manufactured by: Aprica Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd.
Strength: 50 mg
Drug type: Beta-Blockers
Prescription Required: Yes
Primary Uses: High blood pressure, Chest pain (Angina)
What is Best Beta 50 mg Tablet?
Best Beta 50 mg Tablet contains Metoprolol an active ingredient which is used for the lowering of high blood pressure and relieving chest pain.
Best Beta 50 mg Tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure (hypertension) and chest pain (Angina).
How Does the Drug Work?
Metoprolol is a selective beta blocker that blocks beta 1 adrenergic receptors in heart muscle cells and thereby slowing down the heart rate and cardiac output. This makes the heart more effective at pumping blood around the body and lowering the high blood pressure.
Common Side Effects of Best Beta 50 mg Tablet:
List of major side effects of Best Beta 50 mg Tablet
- Skin rash
- Chest Pain and discomfort
- Low blood pressure
- Blurred vision
- Slow heart beat
- Shortness of breath
How to Use Best Beta 50 mg Tablet?
Best Beta 50 mg Tablet is taken by mouth by swallowing it completely with adequate water. Do not chew and break the medication. It may be taken with or without food on doctor’s advice.
Precautions to be Taken:
Useful precautions to be taken while using Best Beta 50 mg Tablet
- Do not take Best Beta 50 mg Tablet if you are allergic to this medication.
- Pregnant and lactating women should take this medication on doctor’s advice.
- This medication should be used with caution in patients suffering from diabetes as it can hide the symptoms of low blood sugar. Continuous monitoring of blood sugar level is advisable in such cases.
- Alcohol consumption Is not advisable during the treatment with Best Beta 50 mg Tablet as it may cause an additional lowering of the blood pressure.
Contraindications while using Best Beta 50 mg Tablet
- Best Beta 50 mg Tablet is contraindicated in the patients with bronchial asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease(COPD).
Possible drug interactions of Best Beta 50 mg Tablet with other drugs
- The use of Best Beta 50 mg Tablet is advised against in those concurrently using catecholamine-depleting drugs such as reserpine due to additive effects.
- Concomitant treatment with vasodilators such as hydralazine may increase the risk of pulmonary hypertension in uraemic patients.
- Concomitant treatment with rifampicin may lead to reduced plasma levels.
Store this medication at room temperature (between 20-25°C). Protect from sunlight and children.
In case of missed dose, skip the same and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Avoid taking double dose to make up for a missed one.
Immediately contact to your doctor as emergency medical treatment is required in the case of an overdose.
- How often can I take Best Beta 50 mg Tablet?
Best Beta 50 mg Tablet should be used at fixed dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor.
- How does Best Beta 50 mg Tablet work?
Best Beta 50 mg Tablet is a selective beta blocker that blocks beta 1 adrenergic receptors in heart muscle cells and thereby slowing down the heart rate and blood pressure.
- Can I take Best Beta 50 mg Tablet with vitamins?
Best Beta 50 mg Tablet may be taken with vitamins as no adverse drug reaction have been reported between the two. However prior consultation to your doctor is advisable before taking this combination of medicines.
- Can Best Beta 50 mg Tablet be used for anxiety?
No, Best Beta 50 mg Tablet is not used for the treatment of anxiety.