Beta Anxit 20 MG Tablet 10
Alprazolam Alprazolam uses include treatment of anxiety associated depression and panic disorders. It is the most commonly prescribed medication to relieve nervousness. Propranolol Propranolol uses include treating high blood pressure, arrhythmia, tremors, anxiety, and chest pain. It is also used to prevent heart attack, esophageal varices, and migraine headache. It is also used to relieve symptoms of thyrotoxicosis.
Mode of drug action :
Alprazolam Alprazolam belongs to the class of drugs called benzodiazepines. It alters the chemical activity in the brain to reduce abnormal excitement, anxiety and worry; it is also helpful in promoting sleep. Propranolol Propranolol is a beta blocker that blocks the beta receptors present on various parts of the body. Beta receptors cause the release of adrenaline and noradrenaline (fight or flight hormones).
What are the common side effects?
Alprazolam Alprazolam side effects include constipation, drowsiness, dry mouth, irritation, depression, altered speech, vertigo, abnormal involuntary movements. Propranolol The common side effects of propranolol are decreased heart rate, sleep disturbances, dizziness, difficulty breathing, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, and changes in vision.
Pregnancy: Unsafe Breast feeding: Unsafe Alcohol: Unsafe Kidney dysfunction: Caution required Liver dysfunction: Caution required
Special precautions for safe use
• Do not take Beta Anxit if there is any past history of allergic reactions to any of the ingredients present in it.
• Do not take Beta Anxit in asthma, bronchitis, atrioventricular blockage, sinus bradycardia, and liver impairment.
• Take Beta Anxit with or without food but take at a fixed time.
• Do not increase or decrease Beta Anxit dose without consulting the doctor.
• Do not drive or operate heavy machinery and take care while standing up as Beta Anxit can cause dizziness.
• Avoid consuming alcohol when on Beta Anxit as it may cause excessive sedation.
• Avoid using Beta Anxit medication during pregnancy, as it is unsafe, and may cause defects in fetus.
• Do not discontinue the drug without doctor consultation, as it may increase the side effects of Beta Anxit and may have rebound effects.
What else should I know?
1. Can I take alprazolam for insomnia? Yes. Alprazolam is an effective medication for anxiety associated insomnia.
2. Can I take alprazolam during lactation? No. Alprazolam can pass into the breast milk and may harm the baby. Consult your doctor before taking the drug.
3. What is the maximum dose of alprazolam per day in the treatment of panic disorders? The maximum dose of alprazolam per day in the treatment of panic disorders is 10mg. Seek medical advice to avoid complications.
4. Is alprazolam beneficial only for insomnia? Alprazolam is the best medicine for insomnia and depression as well.
5. Do alprazolam cause addiction? Yes, alprazolam causes addiction. Use the drug only when prescribed. Propranolol
1. What is the dose of propranolol to treat hypertension? The initial dose of propranolol tablets is 40mg twice a day and maintenance dose is 120 to 240 mg per day.
2. Can I take propranolol during pregnancy? Propranolol should not be used during pregnancy unless prescribed by the doctor.
3. Can propranolol be used for inducing sleep? Propranolol may cause drowsiness, but the main effect of propranolol is reducing blood pressure. So, do not misuse the drug and use it as prescribed by your doctor.
4. Does propranolol cause memory loss? Propranolol medication causes memory loss as a side effect. However, it is not seen in all the patients who are using propranolol.
5. Can propranolol be used for the long term? Yes. Propranolol can be used for long term depending on your condition.