Betaglim 1 MG Tablet
Manufactured by: Panacea Biotec Ltd.
Strength 1 mg
Pack size: 10 Tablets
Drug type: Anti-diabetic agents
Prescription Required: Yes
Primary Uses: Type 2 diabetes
What is Betaglim 1 mg Tablet?
Betaglim 1 mg Tablet is an anti-diabetic medicine which is used to treat type 2 diabetes.
Betaglim 1 mg Tablet is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
How Does the Drug Work?
Glimepiride works by increasing insulin secretion by the pancreas and hence, lowers the blood glucose level.
Common Side Effects of Betaglim 1 mg Tablet:
List of major side effects of Betaglim 1 mg Tablet
- Hypoglycemia (Low blood sugar level)
- Stomach pain
- Skin rash
- Flu like symptoms
- Weight gain
How to Use Betaglim 1 mg Tablet?
Betaglim 1 mg Tablet is taken by mouth by swallowing it completely with adequate water. Do not chew and break the medication. This medicine should be taken with food.
Precautions to be Taken:
Useful precautions to be taken while using Betaglim 1 mg Tablet
- Do not take Betaglim 1 mg Tablet you are allergic to this medication.
- Patients are advised to follow a strict diet and exercise schedule during the treatment with Betaglim 1 mg Tablet to get the best effects.
- Regular monitoring of blood sugar levels is recommended during the treatment period.
- Alcohol consumption is not advisable during the treatment with this medicine as it may cause side effects.
List of contraindications while using Betaglim 1 mg Tablet
- The use of this medication is contraindicated in the patients with diabetic ketoacidosis or hypoglycaemia.
- The use of Betaglim 1 mg Tablet is contraindicated in the patients with hypersensitivity to this medication.
Possible drug interactions of Betaglim 1 mg Tablet with other compounds
- Concomitant use with CYP2C9 inducers can reduce the concentration of glimepiride.
- Concomitant treatment with beta blockers may potentiate the hypoglycaemic action.
- Concomitant use with colesevelam may increase the serum concentration of glimepiride.
Warnings while using Betaglim 1 mg Tablet
- Betaglim 1 mg Tablet should be used with caution in the patients with thyroid or adrenocortical insufficiency.
- This medicine should be used with caution in the elderly and debilitated patients.
Pregnancy and lactation:
Betaglim 1 mg Tablet may be unsafe for use during pregnancy and lactation. The pregnant and lactating women should use this medication under medical supervision.
Store this medication at room temperature (Between 20-25°C). Protect from sunlight and children.
In case of missed dose, skip the same and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Avoid taking double dose to make up for a missed one.
Symptoms of overdose may include severe hypoglycaemia where the patient may become unconscious. Immediately contact to your doctor as emergency medical treatment is required in case of an overdose.
- What is insulin and what is it used for?
Insulin is a hormone produced by the pancreas that helps to control blood glucose level in body.
- What are the side effects of Betaglim 1 mg Tablet?
The common side effects of Betaglim 1 mg Tablet may include hypoglycaemia, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, skin rash, stomach pain and weight gain.
- How often can I take Betaglim 1 mg Tablet?
Betaglim 1 mg Tablet should be used at fixed dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor.
- Is Betaglim 1 mg Tablet safe for use in the pregnant women?
The pregnant women should use Betaglim 1 mg Tablet under medical supervision.