Betnovate Scalp 0.12 % Lotion 20 Ml
How does the drug work?
Betamethasone cream is a drug used for itchy skin rash relief; reducing swelling, skin irritation, and redness associated withskin problems such as eczema, atopic dermatitis, and psoriasis of scalp, hands and feet. The other Betnovate cream USES include treatment of conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, severe asthma, certain blood disorders, and eye conditions.
What are the common side effect?
The common Betnovate cream side effects include rash, inflammation, burning sensation, wheezing, raised bumps with pus, pain, irritation or itching. In rare conditions, stretch marks may also develop.
• Avoid Betnovate cream if you are allergic to betamethasone.
• Consult a dermatologist before using Betnovate for acne treatment.
• Do not apply the cream on broken skin or within the skin folds.
• Be very careful while applying the cream near the eyes or eyelids.
• Consult a doctor before using Betnovate skin cream for children.
• Inform the doctor before using the cream in case of pregnancy, plan to become pregnant or during breastfeeding.
• Avoid usage of a large amount of the Betnovate cream continuously on large areas of the body as it may affect the hormonal balance.
• Avoid usage of Betnovate cream for more than 2 weeks.
• Inform the doctor in case of a history of diabetes or any type of skin infections.
1. Is betamethasone cream an over-the-counter (OTC) product? Betamethasone is not available as an OTC product. The doctor should prescribe this medicine.
2. Can I use Betnovate cream on face? Betnovate cream contains betamethasone which is a very strong steroid and can damage the sensitive facial skin. So, do not use it continuously for more than 5 days. However, consult your doctor before using it.
3. Can I use Betnovate for acne treatment? Do not use Betnovate cream for pimples. It can be used in conditions such as eczema, atopic dermatitis, and psoriasis.
4. Is betamethasone preferred for treating retention edema? No, betamethasone should not be used in retention edema. This is because it increases the fluid and salt retention which aggravates the edema problem.
5. What are the less common side effects of betamethasone? The less common side effects of betamethasone include tingling sensation, dry skin, hair follicle inflammation and skin lightening.