Biflace 0.1 % Eye Drops 5 Ml
Fluorometholone is used to treat skin and eye disorders, and allergic reactions.
How does the drug work?
Fluorometholone is a corticosteroid drug which inhibits the release of inflammation-causing mediators. Thus, it relieves swelling, itching and inflammation of eyes.
What are the common side effect?
The side effects which are common with fluorometholone are speech difficulty, headache, burning, itching or tingling sensation, and sore throat.
• Patients with the history of allergic reactions to Biflace eye drops or its ingredients should not use the drug.
• Inform the doctor about any past health conditions such as TB, infections of eyes, clouding of eyes, glaucoma, breathing problems, or chest infection, as these conditions may increase the risk of Biflace side effects
• Usage of Biflace eye drops is contraindicated in the condition such as facial muscle swelling.
• Biflace medication is not for children younger than 6 years of age.
• Pregnant women should not use Biflace drops. Lactating women should consult the doctor before taking Biflace medicine.
1. Can I use fluorometholone for fungal skin infection? No, fluorometholone is not for treating bacterial or viral or fungal infections of the skin.
2. Is fluorometholone similar to hydrocortisone? Fluorometholone and hydrocortisone are both steroids but are different drugs.
3. Can I use fluorometholone to treat acne? No. Acne is a bacterial infection of the skin which cannot be treated with fluorometholone. Ask your doctor for a right drug for your condition.
4. Does fluorometholone treat darkness of the infected skin? Yes. Fluorometholone can lighten the skin which has turned dark due to infections.
5. How to use fluorometholone topical? Apply a thin layer of the fluorometholone topical on the affected area, once daily.