Bigbro 100 MG Capsule
Manufactured by: Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Strength: 100 mg
Pack size: 10 Capsules
Drug type: Antiasthmatic & COPD Preparations
Prescription Required: Yes
Primary Uses: Asthma, Chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder (COPD)
What is Bigbro 100 mg Capsule?
Bigbro 100 mg Capsule contains Acebrophylline as an active ingredient which is used to treat asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder (COPD).
Bigbro 100 mg Capsule is used in the treatment of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder (COPD).
How Does the Drug Work?
Acebrophylline is a mucolytic drug that loosens and thins the mucus to make its removal easy and improves the symptoms of asthma.
Common Side Effects of Bigbro 100 mg Capsule:
List of major side effects of Bigbro 100 mg Capsule
- Skin rash
- Abdominal discomfort
How to Use Bigbro 100 mg Capsule?
Bigbro 100 mg Capsule is taken by mouth by swallowing it completely with adequate water. Do not chew and break the medication. This medicine should be taken with food.
Precautions to be Taken:
Useful precautions to be taken while using Bigbro 100 mg Capsule
- Do not take Bigbro 100 mg Capsule if you are allergic to this medication.
- Bigbro 100 mg Capsule may cause sleepiness in some patients. Avoid using heavy machinery and driving while taking this medication.
- It is recommended to avoid the consumption of marijuana and tobacco while taking Bigbro 100 mg Capsule.
- Prior consultation to your doctor is advisable before alcohol consumption during the treatment with Bigbro 100 mg Capsule.
- This medication should be used with extreme caution in patients with hypertension, heart disease or peptic ulcer.
Contraindications while using Bigbro 100 mg Capsule
- This medicine is contraindicated for use in the patients with severe kidney or liver disease.
- The use of Bigbro 100 mg Capsule is contraindicated in patients with hypersensitivity to this medicine.
Possible drug interactions of Bigbro 100 mg Capsule with other drugs
- Concurrent treatment with antibiotics such as azithromycin may cause adverse effects.
- Concurrent treatment with beta blockers may cause adverse drug reactions.
Information not available.
Pregnancy and lactation:
Bigbro 100 mg Capsule may be unsafe for use during pregnancy and lactation. Prior consultation to your doctor is advisable in such cases.
Store this medication at room temperature (Between 20-25°C). Protect from sunlight and children.
In case of missed dose, skip the same and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Avoid taking double dose to make up for a missed one.
Immediately contact to your doctor as emergency medical treatment is required in case of an overdose.
- What is Bigbro 100 mg Capsule used for?
Bigbro 100 mg Capsule is used for the treatment of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder (COPD).
- How often can I take Bigbro 100 mg Capsule?
Bigbro 100 mg Capsule should be used at fixed dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor.
- Can I take Bigbro 100 mg Capsule with food?
Yes, Bigbro 100 mg Capsule is recommended to be taken with food.
- Is Bigbro 100 mg Capsule safe to use during pregnancy?
The pregnant women should use Bigbro 100 mg Capsule under medical supervision.