Bigomet 850 MG Tablet
Manufactured by: Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd.
Strength: 850 mg
Drug type: Antidiabetic agents
Prescription Required: Yes
Primary Uses: Type 2 diabetes
What is Bigomet 850mg Tablet?
Bigomet 850 mg Tablet is an anti-diabetic medication used to control high blood glucose levels in the patients with type 2 diabetes.
Bigomet 850 mg Tablet is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
How Does the Drug Work?
Metformin lowers the hepatic glucose production by inhibiting gluconeogenesis and glycogenolysis and delaying the intestinal absorption of glucose.
Common Side Effects of Bigomet 850 mg Tablet:
List of major side effects of Bigomet 850 mg Tablet
- Nausea and vomiting
- Lactic Acidosis
- Abdominal pain
- Chest discomfort
- Runny Nose
- Swollen joints
- Weight gain
How to Use Bigomet 850 mg Tablet?
Bigomet 850 mg Tablet is taken by mouth by swallowing it completely with adequate water. Do not chew and break the medication. This medicine should be taken with food.
Precautions to be Taken:
Useful precautions to be taken while using Bigomet 850 mg Tablet
- Do not take Bigomet 850 mg Tablet if you are allergic to this medication.
- The pregnant and lactating women should take this medication on doctor’s advice.
- Patients are advised to follow a strict exercise and diet regimen during the treatment with Bigomet 850 mg Tablet to get the best possible effect.
- Regular monitoring of blood sugar levels is recommended during the treatment period.
- Alcohol consumption is not advisable during the treatment with this medicine as it may increase the risk of lactic acidosis.
- Bigomet 850 mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with vitamin B12 deficiency since it may worsen the patient's condition.
List of contraindications while using Bigomet 850 mg Tablet
- The use of Bigomet 850 mg Tablet is contraindicated in the patients with hypoglycaemia, chronic metabolic acidosis and diabetic ketoacidosis.
- The use of this medication is contraindicated in the patients with renal impairment.
Possible drug interactions of Bigomet 850 mg Tablet with other compounds
- The use of metformin is advised against in those who are concurrently using sulfonylureas as they can cause additive effects.
- Concomitant treatment with angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors may reduce fasting blood glucose concentrations.
- Concomitant treatment with cimetidine may increase serum level of metformin.
Store this medication at room temperature (Between 20-25°C). Protect from sunlight and children.
In case of missed dose, skip the same and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Avoid taking double dose to make up for a missed one.
Symptoms of overdose may include severe hypoglycaemia where the patient may become unconscious. Immediately contact to your doctor as emergency medical treatment is required in case of an overdose.
- What is insulin and what is it used for?
Insulin is a hormone produced by the pancreas that helps to control blood glucose level in body.
- What are the side effects of Bigomet 850 mg Tablet?
The common side effects of Bigomet 850 mg Tablet include hypoglycaemia, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, skin rash, abdominal pain, lactic acidosis and weight gain.
- How often can I take Bigomet 850 mg Tablet?
Bigomet 850 mg Tablet should be used at fixed dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor.
- Is Bigomet 850 mg Tablet safe to use during pregnancy and lactation?
The pregnant and lactating women should use Bigomet 850 mg Tablet as prescribed by the doctor.