Bigspas-P 50/325 MG Tablet
Manufactured by: Mankind Pharma Ltd.
Composition: Camylofin (50 mg) + Paracetamol (325 mg)
Strength: 375 mg
Pack size: 10 Tablets
Drug type: Analgesics & Antispasmodics
Prescription Required: Yes
Primary Uses: Pain due to muscle spasm
What is Bigspas-P 50/325 mg Tablet?
Bigspas-P 50/325 mg Tablet is the combination of Paracetamol and Camylofin which is used to relieve pain due to muscle spasm.
Bigspas-P 50/325 mg Tablet is used in the treatment of pain due to muscle spasm.
How Does the Drug Work?
Paracetamol work by selectively inhibiting the activity of an enzyme- cyclooxygenase (COX) and suppressing the release of certain chemical messengers that cause pain, inflammation and fever. Camylofin exerts anticholinergic effect by inhibiting the binding of a chemical messenger- acetylcholine to muscarinic receptors and thereby reduces pain due to muscle spasm.
Common Side Effects of Bigspas-P 50/325 mg Tablet:
List of major side effects of Bigspas-P 50/325 mg Tablet
- Dryness in mouth
- Skin rash
How to Use Bigspas-P 50/325 mg Tablet?
Bigspas-P 50/325 mg Tablet is taken by mouth by swallowing it completely with adequate water. Do not chew and break the medication. This medicine may be taken with or without food as prescribed by your doctor.
Precautions to be Taken:
Useful precautions to be taken while using Bigspas-P 50/325 mg Tablet
- Do not take Bigspas-P 50/325 mg Tablet if you are allergic to this medication.
- Prior consultation to doctor is recommended if the patient has the history of head injury, epilepsy or depression.
- Do not start or discontinue the use of this medicine without doctor’s consultation.
- Bigspas-P 50/325 mg Tablet may cause dizziness in some patients. Avoid driving and using heavy machinery while taking this medication.
- Alcohol consumption is not advisable during the treatment with this medicine.
Contraindications while using Bigspas-P 50/325 mg Tablet
- The use of Bigspas-P 50/325 mg Tablet is contraindicated in the patients with hypersensitivity to this medicine.
Possible drug interactions of Bigspas-P 50/325 mg Tablet with other drugs
- Concomitant treatment with anticoagulant such as warfarin may cause side effects.
- Concomitant treatment with anticonvulsants such as phenytoin and barbiturates may decrease the serum level of paracetamol.
Warnings while using Bigspas-P 50/325 mg Tablet
- This medicine should be used with caution in the patients with liver disease.
- Special caution should be taken in the patients having kidney disease.
Pregnancy and lactation:
Bigspas-P 50/325 mg Tablet may be unsafe for use in the pregnant and lactating women. Prior consultation to the doctor is required in such cases.
Store this medication at room temperature. Protect from sunlight and moisture.
In case of missed dose, skip the same and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Avoid taking double dose to make up for a missed one.
Immediately contact to your doctor as emergency medical treatment is required in case of an overdose.
- What is Bigspas-P 50/325 mg Tablet used for?
Bigspas-P 50/325 mg Tablet is used in the treatment of pain due to muscle spam.
- What are the side effects of Bigspas-P 50/325 mg Tablet?
The common side effects of Bigspas-P 50/325 mg Tablet include dry mouth, skin rash, dizziness, drowsiness, constipation, nausea and vomiting.
- How often can I take Bigspas-P 50/325 mg Tablet?
Bigspas-P 50/325 mg Tablet should be used at fixed dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor.
- Can I take Bigspas-P 50/325 mg Tablet with food?
Yes, Bigspas-P 50/325 mg Tablet may be taken with or without food as prescribed by your doctor.