Blisto 4 MG Tablet
Manufactured by: Biocon Ltd.
Strength: 4 mg
Pack size: 10 Tablets
Drug type: Antidiabetic agents
Prescription Required: Yes
Primary Uses: Type 2 diabetes
What is Blisto 4 mg Tablet?
Blisto 4 mg Tablet is an antidiabetic medicine which is used to treat type 2 diabetes.
Blisto 4 mg Tablet is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
How Does the Drug Work?
Glimepiride works by stimulating the insulin secretion by pancreas and hence, lowers the blood glucose level.
Common Side Effects of Blisto 4 mg Tablet:
List of major side effects of Blisto 4 mg Tablet
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level)
- Stomach pain
- Skin rash
- Flu like symptoms
- Weight gain
How to Use Blisto 4 mg Tablet?
Blisto 4 mg Tablet is taken by mouth by swallowing it completely with adequate water. Do not chew and break the medication. This medicine should be taken with food.
Precautions to be Taken:
Useful precautions to be taken while using Blisto 4 mg Tablet
- Do not take Blisto 4 mg Tablet you are allergic to this medication.
- Patients are advised to follow a strict diet and exercise schedule during the treatment with Blisto 4 mg Tablet to get the best effect.
- Regular monitoring of blood sugar levels is recommended during the treatment period.
- Alcohol consumption is not advisable during the treatment with this medicine.
List of contraindications while using Blisto 4 mg Tablet
- The use of this medication is contraindicated in the patients with diabetic ketoacidosis, hypoglycaemia, severe renal or hepatic impairment.
- The use of Blisto 4 mg Tablet is contraindicated in the patients with hypersensitivity to this medication.
Possible drug interactions of Blisto 4 mg Tablet with other compounds
- The use of this medicine is advised against in those concurrently using CYP2C9 inducers as they can reduce the plasma concentration of glimepiride.
- Concomitant treatment with beta blockers may potentiate the hypoglycaemic action.
- Concomitant treatment with colesevelam may increases the serum concentration of glimepiride.
Warnings while using Blisto 4 mg Tablet
- Blisto 4 mg Tablet should be used with caution in the patients with thyroid or adrenocortical insufficiency.
- This medicine should be used with caution in the elderly and debilitated patients.
Pregnancy and lactation:
Blisto 4 mg Tablet may be unsafe for use during pregnancy and lactation. The pregnant and lactating women should use this medication under medical supervision.
Store this medication at room temperature (Between 20-25°C). Protect from sunlight and children.
In case of missed dose, skip the same and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Avoid taking double dose to make up for a missed one.
Symptoms of overdose may include severe hypoglycaemia where the patient may become unconscious. Immediately contact to your doctor as emergency medical treatment is required in case of an overdose.
- What is insulin and what is it used for?
Insulin is a hormone produced by the pancreas that helps to control blood glucose level in body.
- What are the side effects of Blisto 4 mg Tablet?
The common side effects of Blisto 4 mg Tablet may include hypoglycaemia, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, skin rash, stomach pain and weight gain.
- How often can I take Blisto 4 mg Tablet?
Blisto 4 mg Tablet should be used at fixed dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor.
- Is Blisto 4 mg Tablet safe for use for pregnant women?
The pregnant women should use Blisto 4 mg Tablet under medical supervision.