Blonitas 8 MG Tablet 10
Blonanserin is used in the treatment of schizophrenia and mania.
Mode of drug action :
Blonanserin is an atypical antipsychotic drug. It works by decreasing the excess levels of dopamine and serotonin in the CNS which are responsible for the psychiatric manifestations.
What are the common side effects?
The side effects of blonanserin include anxiety, difficulty sleeping, insomnia and urinary retention.
Pregnancy: Unsafe Breast feeding: Unsafe Alcohol: Unsafe Kidney dysfunction: Caution required Liver dysfunction: Caution required
Special precautions for safe use
• Patients should not use Blonitas tablet if they develop allergic reactions while using the drug.
• Do not take high doses than recommended, as overdose cause severe drowsiness and dizziness.
• The patients should discontinue the use of Blonitas medicine if they experience symptoms such as chest pain and fluttering of the chest.
• Patients with a history of seizures, head injury, heart attack or stroke should use the drug after consulting the doctor.
• Do not stop Blonitas medication abruptly; tapering of the dosage is needed. Do not self-medicate.
• Avoid alcohol, as it increases the risks of side effects such as dizziness or drowsiness.
What else should I know?
1. I am suffering from dementia. Can I use the blonanserin drug? No, do not use blonanserin drug for dementia.
2. What is the effect of blonanserin during pregnancy? Pregnant women should avoid blonanserin drug especially during the last trimester of pregnancy, as the drug may cause congenital abnormalities.
3. When can I stop taking the blonanserin drug? Do not stop taking blonanserin drug without proper medical advice, as it may cause withdrawal effects.
4. Can I use blonanserin during breastfeeding? No, blonanserin drug may enter into the breast milk and harm the newborn.
5. Can I take sedatives while on blonanserin medicine? No, concomitant use of sedatives with blonanserin may cause life-threatening side effects.