Briovent LS 1/30/50 MG Syrup
Manufactured by: Brio Bliss Life Science Pvt Ltd.
Composition: Ambroxol (30 mg) + Levosalbutamol (1 mg) + Guaifenesin (50 mg)
Strength: 100 ml
Drug type: Cold and cough preparations
Prescription Required: Yes
Primary Uses: Cough with mucus
What is Briovent LS Syrup?
Briovent LS Syrup contains the combination of three drugs- Ambroxol, Levosalbutamol and Guaifenesin which is used to treat cough with mucus.
Briovent LS Syrup is used in the treatment of cough with mucus.
How Does the Drug Work?
Ambroxol is a mucolytic drug. It works by diluting the mucus for its easy clearance. Levosalbutamol is a bronchodilator drug which relaxes the sooth muscles cells in the lungs. Guaifenesin reduces the stickiness of mucus for its easier removal from the airways.
Common Side Effects of Briovent LS Syrup:
List of major side effects of Briovent LS Syrup
- Nausea and vomiting
- Stomach upset
- Muscle cramp
- Stomach pain
How to Use Briovent LS Syrup?
Before use, read the directions mentioned on the label of Briovent LS Syrup. Measure the prescribed amount with the measuring cup and take it by mouth by swallowing it completely. Shake the bottle before use. This medicine may be taken with or without food as prescribed by the doctor.
Precautions to be Taken:
Useful precautions to be taken while using Briovent LS Syrup
- Do not take Briovent LS Syrup if you are allergic to this medication.
- Briovent LS Syrup may cause sleepiness in some patients. Avoid using heavy machinery and driving while taking this medication.
- Prior consultation to your doctor is advisable before alcohol consumption during the treatment with Briovent LS Syrup.
Contraindications while using Briovent LS Syrup
- The use of Briovent LS Syrup is contraindicated in the patients with hypersensitivity to this medicine.
Information not available.
Warnings while using Briovent LS Syrup
- This medicine should be used with caution in patients with renal or liver disease.
Pregnancy and lactation:
Briovent LS Syrup may be unsafe for use during pregnancy and lactation. Prior consultation to your doctor is advisable in such cases.
Store this medication at room temperature (Between 20-25°C). Protect from sunlight and children.
In case of missed dose, skip the same and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Avoid taking double dose to make up for a missed one.
Immediately contact to your doctor as symptomatic and supportive medical treatment is required in case of an overdose.
- How does Briovent LS Syrup work?
Briovent LS Syrup works by diluting and decreasing the stickiness of the mucus for its easy clearance.
- Is Briovent LS Syrup safe for use during pregnancy?
The pregnant women should use Briovent LS Syrup as prescribed by the doctor.
- What are the side effects of Briovent LS Syrup?
The common side effects of Briovent LS Syrup may include diarrhea, vomiting, headache, drowsiness, headache and stomach upset.
- How often can I take Briovent LS Syrup?
Briovent LS Syrup should be used at fixed dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor.