Bronac 100/500 Mg Injection 5 Ml
Acetyl cysteine is mainly used to treat liver toxicity due paracetamol overdose. It is also used to treat acute coughs, blocked nose and other congestive problems such as bronchitis, pneumonia. It provides relief from dry eye syndrome associated with deficient tear secretion.
How does the drug work?
Acetyl cysteine acts by thinning out mucus and helps clear the out nasal passages. It decreases the viscosity of secretions by splitting the disulphide bonds in mucoproteins. Acetyl cysteine binds to the poisonous forms (metabolites) of paracetamol. It also acts as an antioxidant, and may play a role in preventing cancer.
What are the common side effect?
Acetylcysteine side effects include nausea and vomiting, bronchospasm, chest tightness, coughing up blood, respiratory tract infection, running nose, thickened respiratory tract secretions, oral ulcer, drowsiness, diarrhea, and fever.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Is acetylcysteine safe during pregnancy? Yes. There are no known adverse effects of acetylcysteine on the fetus.
2. Does acetyl cysteine cause weight gain? No, acetylcysteine causing this side effect is very rare. However, consult your doctor if you notice this side effect.
3. Is it better to take acetylcysteine with food? Acetylcysteine can be taken with or without food. But it is advised to take the tablet at fixed time.
4. Is it safe to drive while on acetylcysteine medication? Acetylcysteine may cause drowsiness, so avoid activities which require alertness such as driving and operating heavy machinery.
5. I am experiencing chest tightness and diarrhea after taking acetylcysteine, shall I discontinue the medication? No. Do not stop or start acetylcysteine without asking your doctor. Chest tightness and diarrhea are the side effects of the drug, which weans off with time. However, consult your doctor if the symptoms worsen.