Burnol Cream 20 GM
Aminacrine hydrochloride Aminacrine hydrochloride medicine is indicated for the treatment of viral infections. Cetrimide Cetrimide is an anti-septic medicine which is used in the treatment of insect bites, minor wounds, cuts and spots. This drug relieves minor burns and scalds.
Mode of drug action :
Aminacrine hydrochloride Aminacrine hydrochloride is an anti-viral drug. The exact mechanism of action of aminacrine hydrochloride is not clear. It possibly works by increasing the production of free radicals which kill the viruses. Cetrimide Cetrimide is a surfactant which damages or destroys the cells by lowering the surface tension of the cell membrane. It also causes degradation of the bacterial protein.
What are the common side effects?
Aminacrine hydrochloride The common side effects of aminacrine hydrochloride are tightness in the chest, difficulty in breathing, skin irritation, nausea, headache, and drowsiness. Cetrimide The common side effects of cetrimide are skin irritation, redness of the skin and local sensitivity.
Pregnancy: Unsafe Breast feeding: Unsafe Kidney dysfunction: Caution required Liver dysfunction: Caution required
Special precautions for safe use
• Do not take Burnol if an allergic reaction has been experienced with the use of any of its ingredients in the past.
• Burnol cream for burns is for external use only. Do not allow the cream to come in contact with eyes, ears, and mucus membrane.
• Inform about all the other health conditions to the doctor because the susceptibility to side effects can increase in few illnesses while using Burnol for burns.
• Inform the list of medicines currently in use and if any other drugs are to be used while taking Burnol ointment. This may include herbal drugs, nutrition supplements, over-the-counter drugs, etc.
What else should I know?
1. Can I drive after taking the aminacrine hydrochloride medicine? If you experience side effects such as drowsiness, headache and hypotension, then do not drive as your alertness may be impaired.
2. Can I stop the medicine immediately as I feel better? You should not discontinue the medicine without a doctor’s recommendation even if your feel that your condition has improved.
3. Is aminacrine hydrochloride a habit forming medicine? Aminacrine hydrochloride is not an addictive medicine. However, do not self-medicate as it may increase your dependence on the medicine.
4. Does aminacrine hydrochloride treat bacterial infections? No. Aminacrine hydrochloride is only for the treatment of viral infections.
5. How to store aminacrine hydrochloride medicine? Store aminacrine hydrochloride medicine in a cool, dark and dry place. Keep it out of sight from children. Cetrimide
1. What is the dosage schedule for cetrimide ointment? Apply the ointment twice or thrice daily in the form of a small and thin layer. Use as long as your doctor asks you to continue the medicine.
2. What if I miss a dose of cetrimide cream? In case you forget to apply the cream, then apply it as soon as you remember. But if it is too late, then apply the next dose at its scheduled time.
3. How to store the cetrimide cream? Store the cetrimide cream in its original container in a cool, dry and dark place. Discard the medicine after its expiry period.
4. Is it safe to use cetrimide cream during pregnancy? Weather cetrimide cream is safe for the unborn baby is not known. So, ask a doctor before use to ensure safety.
5. What should I do in case of overdose with cetrimide cream? Call up for a doctor’s help in case of overdose with cetrimide cream.