C Toin 100 MG Tablet
Manufactured by: USV Ltd.
Strength: 100 mg
Pack size: 90 Tablets
Drug type: Anticonvulsants
Prescription Required: Yes
Primary Uses: Seizures
What is C Toin 100 mg Tablet?
C Toin 100 mg Tablet is an anticonvulsant medicine which is used to treat seizures.
C Toin 100 mg Tablet is used for the treatment of seizures.
How Does the Drug Work?
Phenytoin inhibits the propagation of synaptic impulses and stabilize the neuronal membranes. Hence, improves the symptoms of seizures.
Common Side Effects of C Toin 100 mg Tablet:
List of major side effects of C Toin 100 mg Tablet
- Decreased coordination
- Trouble sleeping
- Uncontrolled eye movements
How to Use C Toin 100 mg Tablet?
C Toin 100 mg Tablet is taken by mouth by swallowing it completely with adequate water. Do not chew and break the medication. This medicine may be taken with or without food as prescribed by the doctor.
Precautions to be Taken:
Useful precautions to be taken while using C Toin 100 mg Tablet
- Do not take C Toin 100 mg Tablet if you are allergic to this medication.
- The pregnant and lactating women should take this medication on doctor’s advice.
- C Toin 100 mg Tablet may cause dizziness as its side effect. Avoid using heavy machinery and driving while taking this medication.
- Alcohol consumption is not advisable during the treatment with this medicine as it may cause additive central nervous system (CNS) depression.
Contraindications while using C Toin 100 mg Tablet
- C Toin 100 mg Tablet is contraindicated for use in the patients with sick sinus syndrome and sinus bradycardia.
Possible drug interactions of C Toin 100 mg Tablet with other drugs
- Concomitant treatment with anti-epileptic agents such as topiramate may increase the serum concentration of phenytoin.
- Concomitant treatment with carbamazepine and folic acid may decrease the serum level of phenytoin .
- Concomitant use of phenytoin with delavirdine may cause serious side effects.
Store this medicine at room temperature (Between 20-25°C). Protect from sunlight and children.
In case of missed dose, skip the same and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Avoid taking double dose to make up for a missed one.
Immediately contact to your doctor as emergency medical treatment is required in case of an overdose.
- What are the side effects of C Toin 100 mg Tablet?
The common side effects of C Toin 100 mg Tablet include dizziness, headache, uncontrolled eye movements, nervousness, decreased coordination and trouble sleeping.
- How often can I take C Toin 100 mg Tablet?
C Toin 100 mg Tablet should be used at fixed dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor.
- How does C Toin 100 mg Tablet work?
C Toin 100 mg Tablet inhibits the propagation of synaptic impulses and stabilize the neuronal membranes. Hence, improves the symptoms of seizures.
- Is C Toin 100 mg Tablet safe for use during pregnancy?
The pregnant women should use C Toin 100 mg Tablet as prescribed by the doctor.