Calaptin 240 Mg Tablet 10
Tab Calaptin is used as a medicine to treat high blood pressure, certain heart disorders and to control angina. Calaptin is also used to prevent migraine headache.
How does the drug work?
Calaptin consists of verapamil which belongs to a class of drugs called as calcium-channel blockers. Verapamil works by relaxing the muscles of the heart and blood vessels.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of verapamil include bradycardia, headache, blurred vision, constipation, limb swelling, dizziness, fainting, increased prolactin level in blood, skin rash, loss of appetite, and heartburn.
Important Info Patients with liver or kidney disorders should consult the doctor before taking verapamil tablets. Do not drive or operate machines after taking medication verapamil as it may cause drowsiness. Do not eat or drink products containing grapefruit juice while taking verapamil medication, as grapefruit increases the effects of verapamil. Verapamil controls high blood pressure, irregular heartbeats and angina but does not cure them
1. Is it safe to take verapamil on an empty stomach or with food? It is better to take verapamil with food, but grapefruit juice should be avoided while taking this medication.
2. Can I take verapamil for migraine headache? Verapamil is used to treat migraine headache but take verapamil only if it is prescribed by your doctor.
3. Does Calaptin affect the heart rate? Yes. Calaptin caUSES bradycardia (decrease in heart rate) as a side effect. Consult your doctor if you notice the symptoms.
4. Is it safe to take verapamil during pregnancy? No. Verapamil is unsafe during pregnancy. It may cause fetal abnormalities.
5. Does verapamil cause weight changes? No. Verapamil does not have any known effects on the weight changes. If you notice any weight changes, please consult your doctor.